We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife in KK

malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife in KK

Hi.. Im from West Malaysia. I'll be going to KK with 12 of my friends this coming sept. I've planned most of my activities. But most of them are daytime activities. So, leaving most of the nights in KK pretty empty.

Is there any suggestions?

BEsides that, wat are the food that i should look out for in KK? Which restaurant should I try their seafood?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,338 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife in KK

Have a look at TA Inside Pages at tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298307-s1/Kota-Kinab… and this will answer your questions

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife in KK

Hello chelsina!

Will you be in KK over the weekend or during weekdays?

What kind of activities are you thinking of?

Well, im a KK-an and my favourite club is the Shenanigans @ Hyatt Hotel. A small cosy club with a band playing mostly R&B, but with a little techno/trance music during intervals, especially later in the night. There are also a few more clubs that you can visit (if clubbing is wat you are after) - eg. The Bed @ Waterfront, or Cocoon which is right across Shenanigans. There is also the Razz Ma Tazz, but this i only recommend if you are a big fan of trance/techno.

As for other activities, what we locals normally do is..

erm.. karaokes perhaps? These are a little different than the REDBOX and GREENBOX that you get in KL.

You can find scores of them in DAMAI and LINTAS area, and they are basically pubs with karaoke facilities, so everyone takes turns, and everyone hears everyone else singing :)

Oh, the beer is quite cheap at these karaokes - you can get 5 jugs @ RM120.

As for FOOD, like i mentioned, im a hardcore patriotic KK-person, so this small space cannot possibly accomodate the LISTS of food that i would recommend! If you fancy, you may email me at chelc.chelc@gmail.com and i can try to come up with a complete list of MUST TRY good food for you :)

singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife in KK

Hey there... you gotta check out this place when you are in KK. @mosphere Modern Dining. It's a revolving restaurant / bar . Its has a really funky Austin Powers set-up and all... way cooler than the revolving restaurant in KL. You can check out their website

http://www.atmosphererestaurant.com

have fun!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife in KK

Hi ilovechelc......

Could I please have your list also...I am going to KK next week.

THANKS!

5. Re: nightlife in KK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 03, 2009