We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay? Help!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
Where to stay? Help!

Hi

We are travelling with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old for a week in Dec 22nd - 29th so peak time.

We had planned on staying at the Shangrai La Rasa Ria resort but I am concerned after seeing negative reviews that is has gone downhill.

So just looking fro recommendations for a beachside resort that would be kid friendly while offering good food, service and facilities as this will be a R & R holiday for us and we don't plan on travelling much outside of the resort.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay? Help!

Hi,

Not sure which reviews you are reading, 66 negative reviews out of 6,600 ? Someone will always find something not to their liking - if you find any issues with RRR i am sure a quick word with management would put it right in an instant.

However - there are no other beachside resorts that are better than the RasaRia, that offer the same amount of facilities such as the pool, which are suited to your kids ages, other resorts to consider are Shangri-La Tanjung Aru, which is on par, The Magellan Sutera Hotel which has pretty bad food.

Perhaps if you enjoy wildlife, then consider Gaya Island Resort, but it doesn't offer up any amenities to keep you busy for a whole week.

Maybe consider a few nights at Gaya Island Resort, and the rest of the time at RRR ?

Kota Kinabalu...
3 posts
2. Re: Where to stay? Help!

Hi..Maybe you could stay at Sutera Harbour Resort.. or Hotel no.5 But i dont know about the prices

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay? Help!

Sutera Harbour Resort is sub-par compared to Shangri-La Rasa Ria

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,521 posts
150 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay? Help!

I agree with signprint.

Sutera Harcourt has only small man made beaches. It is a huge resort with 2 hotels. Pacific and Magellan . Accommodation is nowhere near the quality of Rasa Ria which also has a nature reserve, huge beach, very good restaurants and overall very good facilities.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay? Help!

And the food at Magellen is awful ! :o)

Edited: 7:22 am, October 02, 2018
Reply to: Where to stay? Help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted