We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotels

California
6 posts
Budget hotels

I will be in KK from April 9 till April 12. I am arriving at the airport at 845pm. This is my first time in KK, so Im a little worried about lodging.

Is it possible to find lodging late at night? is it safe?

Should I contact a hotel before I leave so that my first night is pre-booked. let me know.

Thanks in Advance!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,788 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Budget hotels

goto this website for homestay: http://www.sabah-borneo.nl

California
6 posts
2. Re: Budget hotels

thanks for the suggestion. But I am only in town for 3 nights, and I would like to be in the middle of everything.

BTW... I will be traveling solo.

Thanks!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Budget hotels

Hi disbemj,

Yes, you can get accommodation late at night, and no you don't have to fear for your safety. KK is still a relatively safe place.

If you want budget but new, try Radius International in Warasan Square. It think their rooms are around RM 100 per night. Smack dam in the middle of the action.

On the other side of that building is Centrepoint, and across the road from that, hidden next to a popular late night eating spot, is the Winner Hotel. Basic, but clean, I think their rates are in the region of RM 50. In and around that area are a fair few budget hotels, and as you walk up towards the Hyatt, there are way more choices. In fact, you'll be spoilt for choice from Backpackers to 5 Stars.

They're all pretty much clustered, and hard to miss. Book per night if you fancy shopping around the next day. Now is not so busy in KK, so you should find it easy to find accommodation. Good luck.

4. Re: Budget hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:54 am, April 17, 2007
Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Budget hotels

My mum stayed at the 'KK Daya' hotel - right in the main KK city area (round the corner from Hyatt Hotel & many backpacker lodges & cafes )...They have a website where you can book direct. Cost was 125Myr a night....Double check though on the 10% & 5% tax that most hotels add on. I was pretty sure the website said it was inclusive....but when she checked out, they said she has to pay it & that the website was not updated??...apart from that - she said it was very clean & really enjoyed it. I have heard there is a kareoke bar in the hotel so she requested a room away from this. There are plenty of hotels in the area - perhaps book 1 night & then walk around. Best of luck

6. Re: Budget hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 29, 2009