We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving my car at airport

2 posts
Leaving my car at airport

Hello, I'm from miri and planning a short holiday in kota kinabalu this coming Dec. We decided to go by car couse it's easy and cheaper. We also planning to go to Auckland via kota kinabalu airport.The problem is that our car, is it possible and safer to leave our car at the airport for about 5 days during our trip to auckland? Or any other ways for us to leave our car anywhere else beside kk airport? I appreaciate if anyone can help me n thank u.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Leaving my car at airport

Its an open air carpark, so your car will be exposed to the elements.

Don't know the latest rates, I think RM2 for first hour, then RM1 for each subsequent hour; so around RM25 per day?

No one here can guarantee the safety of the carpark; that depends on you.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: Leaving my car at airport

Rain Z,

use google- search- images for KKIA terminal 1 parking rate.

This brings back a 100 or so pictures scroll down and click on the car parking rates.

Double check it is for KK as some are for KL.

As mentioned it is open air parking for 1400 cars.

Terminal 2 rate maximum rate is MR46.

Loosing your ticket is MR50

It may be cheaper to loose your ticket.

Have a look and see what you think.

As far as I can tell the pictures are from 2014 so there may be a slight increase since then.

Couldn't find anything more accurate hope this helps.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
113 reviews
3. Re: Leaving my car at airport

KKIA Terminal 2 closed down in 2015. It is now a cargo facility.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
163 reviews
4. Re: Leaving my car at airport

Jadamros,

Thank you. I forgot that, I got carried away reading that 2014 car parking post.

To Rain Z,

Would it be simpler and cheaper to fly out from Miri as you will have to go to KL or Singapore to get to NZ.

As far as I am aware from Sabah you can only go south to Australia then change for a connecting flight, is that your plan?

Also Brunei airlines fly to Australia direct.

Only mentioned it in case you had not thought of it.

5. Re: Leaving my car at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 08, 2018