We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

Hi, we have booked the Gaya Island resort for a few days but I am considering cancelling this due to the terrible communications I have had with the hotel.

What are the alternatives please?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

Hi,

I'm really sorry about bad communication they give you. From airport you can get bus,uber,grabcar or taxi to the Jesselton point ferry,they open 9am until 4pm. I'm not sure about the price but you can ask them there.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

Louise L,

Have a look at Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru resort 6miles south of KK or Sutera Harbour resort 4miles south of KK.

They have good reviews here on T.A.

They are the only two hotels near KK that have the same service/facilities both have their own marine/sport shop so you can still visit the marine park.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

I wouldn't put the Tanjang or Magellen at anywhere near the same category as GIR, Gaya Island Resort is far better.

Try: travelcentre(at)ytlhotels.com.my

Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

I am pleased to say that the resort has seen my post on this forum and has dealt with the communication issue. Based on the way they have now resolved this, I will not be looking for an alternative resort but thanks to all who have replied

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

great news... you will love it there.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

T.A. more power too your elbow!

Enjoy your Sabah time.

Edited: 1:02 pm, March 14, 2017
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

Canopy villas are best option, they are up in the trees, 813 - 854 are the best, not too far from everything, and seaview.

8. Re: Alternatives to Gaya Island Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 19, 2018