We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak periods

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Peak periods

I am thinking of going to Kota Kinabalu for the last 2 weeks in April. Does anyone know whether the hotels are likely to be busy at this time, particularly due to school holidays? I am hoping to have a quiet time!

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,113 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak periods

The first half of April is school holidays in a number of Asian countries so that should not effect you.

However, the last half of April is school holidays in Australia so that could have an effect but it wouldn't be as bad as during Asian school holidays.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak periods

Many thanks Bigw. I think I'll go a bit later when it will be quieter.

3. Re: Peak periods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu