We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Sabah

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings in Sabah

I have been looking to hold my wedding in Sabah (ideally on the beach/by the sea). I am Malaysian but live overseas and would also need accommodation for my guests (most of which we will be paying for so budget is an issue). I was hoping to find out if anyone has any suggestions on a nice hotel/island/venue that could accommodate such a request. Or a nice wedding venue in an area with cheaper accommodation nearby for our guests.

Any help (no matter how small) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Sabah
Sabah
Malaysia
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings in Sabah

Which part of Sabah?

Mentioned in this post
Sabah
Sabah
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings in Sabah

Hi mp4331,

Could you advise what is your budget like? i.e. how much are you ready to pay per room for your guests? From there i think i would suggest.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings in Sabah

Hi, sorry as I am not actually responding to your question, but am also interested in a response to a similar one!!! I hope to have a vow renewal later this year in Sabah and was hoping for some advice. IN terms of budget we would hope to keep it low - under $500 AUS if possible. It would just be the two of us with no guests. Any ideas??

Mentioned in this post
Sabah
Sabah
Malaysia
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings in Sabah

Also in terms of a place - not sure but would love a beach setting

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings in Sabah

Hi TravelAyapi,

You try to email Nexus Resort Karambunai & Rasa Ria Resort.

If i remember it correctly they have a simple wedding ceremony package, priced less than RM2000.

Both resort has their own Wedding Planner

6. Re: Weddings in Sabah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 10, 2015