We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price information on Klias wetlands tour

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Price information on Klias wetlands tour

Hello,

Please can anyone advise me as to the approximate cost of a day trip on the Klias river,to see proboscis monkeys,fireflys etc?We will be going from either the Nexus,or the Rasa Ria hotels.I expect it will be cheaper to book the trip in kk,rather than at the resorts...any suggestions/recomendations for good places to book?

We leave in a week...does anyone know if its stopped raining yet??!Keep checking the weather site,as recomended by the ever helpful "Local Expert",but it still looks a bit wet!!

Also,can anyone recomend any good daytrips to do,other than snorkeling islands,sepilok,rasa ria sanctuary,that would give us the chance to see a bit more wildlife?

Thanks,guys.

kota kinabalu
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Price information on Klias wetlands tour

Garama and Klias tours should cost RM 185 per person, add another 20RM if you're staying at Nexus or RR. It's cheaper to take the shuttle to town, and join the tour there, but check on the last shuttle back, as the trip will get back to KK at 8:30- 9:00.

It never stops raining here, it's not raining everyday, but you might get wet.

There is not much wildlife to see here, you will need to spend a few days in the jungle, for that.

Drop by Borneo Information Centre in Wisma Sabah when you're here, and get the info ( and book) you need on the different activities,

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Price information on Klias wetlands tour

Thanks,Borneoinfo..thats very helpful.We are SO looking forwards to our trip,and experiencing Sabah.One more question....which of the "snorkling islands" in the TAR marine park would you consider to be the best for snorkling,and which has the best beach?Sorry to keep asking all these questions,but its so great to be able to chat to someone who knows about these things!

kota kinabalu
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Price information on Klias wetlands tour

I prefer Manukan island, for a couple of reasons;

the facilities are quite good, they have a restaurant, half decent toilets and showers ( for Sabah standards)

There is a small reef there with 1000's of fish ( buy yourself a small bag of fish food, and they'll eat from your hand)

The beaches on the islands are of similar quality, but don't expect Thailand standards.

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Price information on Klias wetlands tour

Thanks again, Borneoinfo....it sounds great,and i just cant wait now!