We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orangutan Sanctuary

Sunshine Coast
4 posts
Save Topic
Orangutan Sanctuary

Thank your for your reply re the resturants and the visit to the Sanctuary. Could recommend somewhere nice to stay if we were to stay overnight. Because we are travelling Xmas/New Year would you recommend booking flights through the travel agent before leaving Australia and the hotel.

As we were in Bali during the first bomb, and have just cancelled our Bali trip I wonder if anyone can advise me if they felt in any danger in Kota Kimbula as the Australian government is warning of terrorist attacks against resorts in the Sabah area.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orangutan Sanctuary

Buderim,

Just returned from Sabah and the place is fine. The warning is for the EAST cost of Sabah. You will find that most of the resorts are on the west coast. You have to note that Borneo is the 3rd largest island in the world so there is quite a distance between the two coasts.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orangutan Sanctuary

Click on my previous posts to see that there is NOTHING to fear on the West coast and almost the same on the East coast and Islands where I spend most of my time when in Sabah, (including April this year).