We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good travelagency or guide in sabah

Mannheim
Level Contributor
95 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
good travelagency or guide in sabah

I want to stay in Sarawak (Kuching) and Sabah for 3 weeks in April / May.I am looking for a good travelagency or guide, who has good knowledge of wildlife and plants.

Can anybody recommend a travelagency? Has anybody experience with Diethelm Travel or borneoecotours?

We want to stay in Kuching, Mt. Kinabalu, Sepilok Nature Resort,

sukau (Kinabatangan) , Danum Valley and Tabin.

We dont know, where to stay in Sukau - T omanggong-riverview - lodge or Sukau Rainforest Lodge ? Can anybody give me a review

or recommendation?

Thank you

Devon, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good travelagency or guide in sabah

Hi,

We travelled to Sabah last November. It was absolutely fantastic. We stayed in Tabin, Danum, at the Sepilok Nature Resort and the Proboscis Lodge on the Sukau River. We also hiked up Mt Kinabalu and stayed at one of the guest houses on the mountain. I can recommend Amy at Intratravel.

www.intra-travel.com.my/public/about.asp

We used the travel agent for a 2 day trip to Mt Kinabalu (including private transfers from Kota Kinabalu, private mountain guide, food and bed) and for the trip to Tabin. The other places we booked directly ourselves. One tip for Sukau: don't travel by road twice if you can avoid it! The road is still in the process of being built and it takes a good 2.5 hours!!! Much better to take a boat transfer back to Sandakan. The very helpful manager at the Proboscis lodge in Sukau organised it for us! The flights we organised online with air asia http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp. Flights were cheap but beware that sometimes the flights are cancelled if occupancy is low! They were good enough to track us down in Danum to inform us of our flight change which was incredible!

The Sepilok Nature Resort is beautiful and the food is really nice. Tabin and Danum were both awesome. Both totally different but equally impressive. Saw huge herd of elephants in Tabin which was amazing! Sukau should not be missed! Re Mt Kinabalu; we left it for last so we could rest our aching legs on the flight home! We loved Sabah and would love to return again one day!

Pam

sel.malaysia
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: good travelagency or guide in sabah

goto:www.marimari.com for your requirement

3. Re: good travelagency or guide in sabah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 21, 2009