We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

Alice Springs
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

We fly into KLIA on 1st Jan 07 and was wondering if you can catch a bus straight to Georgetown or do you need to go to KL.

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

Hi, I do know that one can catch a bus from KLIA direct to Ipoh, then from there change to one going to Georgetown.

This will reduce the time going into KL

Penang
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

Hey,hmmm...you need to go to Puduraya Bus Station<its in KL>to get to Penang.Catch a train from KLIA to KL Sentral,by the way,its called KLIA Express<KL Sentral is a railway station> then from KL Sentral to Masjid Jamek by Putra LRT.Puduraya Bus Station is just 10 mins walk from Masjid Jamek LRT Station.Locals are very friendly,just ask them...they'll guide you :)

Alice Springs
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

Thanks for that.

Think it might be easier to fly!

One last thing...what would a taxi cost?

Appreciate you help

Penang
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

why dont you try AirAsia if you're looking for cheap flights? its pretty good and you can save money on airfare.And bout that taxi thingy,you mean...from KLIA to Puduraya Bus Station by taxi???? Its really expensive!!! I think its around RM50-RM70++ <it depends> and the bus ticket would cost you RM27.I like to go to Penang by bus,heaps fun!! get to see beautiful sceneries too : )

5. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 24, 2009