We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour scheduling

Longwood, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tour scheduling

Wondering how much time I need to plan for some afternoon activities in Penang. I'm taking a group of 22 students, 6 teachers in October. We will be traveling by private coach.

After finishing up a special tour at the Butterfly Farm at noon, I'd like to considering a trip to the fruit farm for tour and lunch, Penang Hill for a train ride to the top, and to Khoo Kongsi.

Is this too much for an afternoon?

Also, how late is Perangin Mall open?

Penang Malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour scheduling

I always allow for 3 hours when I take friends up Penang Hill. You could do it in less time but its cooler & pleasant up there & there is no point in rushing.

cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour scheduling

Hi The Sciences, do the Penang Hill in the early morning,as the funicular railway is already open from 0600hrs;

Alternatively, everyone can hike up Penang Hill on a trail that starts from the Waterfall Gardens-- a good early morning exercise for the students; part of a team building exercise.

then Khoo Kongsi, which would be opened already. Open at 0900hrs.

Khoo Kongsi is a clan house- Chinese guild halls that honour both ancestors and outstanding members.

This should be around noon time, you could either have your early lunch around this area; or proceed to the Butterfly Farm, enroute lunch around Batu Ferringhi area.

After the Butterfly Farm, you can then proceed onwards to Balik Pulau for the fruit farm.

Perangin Mall and other shopping malls opens until 2200hrs.

Sincerely, if everyone agrees to start in the early morning to enjoy to cool crisp air at Penang Hill, your proposed itinerary is doable.

Make sure you purchase few boxes of mineral water, so that everyone can quench their thirst; and in fact, after the fruit farm, you could return back to your place of accommodation for a short siesta, then come out again, to enjoy the sunset on the beach at Batu Ferringhi, or have a stroll along Guerney Drive.