We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for Georgetown

S G
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Topic
Guide for Georgetown

Hi I am visiting Penang for the 1st time. We are a group of 5 people. Do I need a guide around Goergetown and would I understand the history if we do on our own? Thanks all for your help.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide for Georgetown

Hi

no need for a guide but if you are really interested get in touch with the Penang Heritage trust and they will find someone for you at a more than reasonable rate.

If oyu do it yourselves do some web research and the trip will mean a lot more. In the main the more famous sites have excellent explanations. Don't miss the Khoo Kong Si (wonderful museum not to mention an exquisite temple) and the other delights of the Armenian street area.

For some fun take a trishaw ride and of course don't forget to eat !!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide for Georgetown

Just got back from 2 weeks in Malaysia. We had 2 nights in Georgetown and loved it, we didn't need the guide book we took, just walked around and stumbled across lots and lots of things to see. Chinatown and little India are incredible with plenty of temples etc to see and it's small enough to see lots in one day

3. Re: Guide for Georgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, April 17, 2014