We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour guide

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour guide

Can anyone recommend a private tour guide for one day in Penang?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour guide

i would say Ocean Jupiter ...tell them your interset and they will tailor for you ...all their drivers speak very good English

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour guide

We just got back from 18 nights in Penang and we used the services of two registered tour guides. I can highly recommend both. Firstly we used Mr Yeap.

His email is yeapph60@hotmail.com. We booked Mr Yeap through the Penang Heritage Trust as we did two of their guided walks through Georgetown. Quite excellent.

We also used Lyndy Ong. Her email is ong.lyndy@gmail.com. Lyndy took us to a couple of organic Durian farms and we explored the Balik Pulau area. We had an interest in food and markets and she knew all the good spots.

This is my third trip to Georgetown but the first time I've used a tour guide. I liked the fact that they could research for me, were flexible, had numerous options and provided transport. Of course more expensive than hiring a taxi but I still thought excellent value.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private tour guide

Thank you both so much, you've been very helpful.

North West England
Level Contributor
101 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private tour guide

We have just used the services of a charming and knowledgable lady, Joann Khaw, who is a registered guide. She lists four tours: Shophouse architecture, Feng Shui & Five Elements, Food and Morning Market, and Dinner and Night Market. I am sure, however, that Joann would be happy to mix and match these or even tailor lake a tour for you. Contact: 016-440-6823, jsk_27@hotmail.com

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private tour guide

Hi

We just got back,we used ocean Jupiter on 4 different days, Bon was always on time, reliable, great english, i paid by the hour @25RM, Highly recommend them

Kim

6. Re: Private tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2013