We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks accom Georgetown

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks accom Georgetown

We are lucky enough to be able to spend 21 days in Georgetown from 20 August. We would really appreciate any advice re accom and things to do. Is there a reasonable but still nice B&B anyone would recommend, or even a web site I can trust?

The Bayview Hotel looks to be quite reasonable. Any thoughts?

I really appreciate any help here. I've only ever been to the Parkroyal in BF, which was lovely but too expensive for 21 nights.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks accom Georgetown

Bayview Hotel is nice & clean. The other one would be Cititel www.cititelpenang.com

perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks accom Georgetown

I usually stay at the Bayview in Georgetown.It is within walking distance of very near everything you would want to see.The only cheese off is if you want to go to the Komtar.You can climb those stairs going over Penang Road,or you can take your life in your hands trying to cross over traffic at Jalan Dr LimChwee Leong.Apart from that the location is spot on.For example,the Red Garden food hall is about 2 minutes walk,if that.The night clubs and bars on Penang Road are just around the corner.The E&O Hotel is next door.Fort Cornwallis is not a very long walk away.If your feeling lazy,then there are taxis and trishaw outside the hotel.Happy trails

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks accom Georgetown

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm getting so excited about this trip

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 weeks accom Georgetown

My wife & I will be in Penang in June. We have booked into the Chulia Heritage Hotel after reading the reviews on TA.

This might be up your street.

5. Re: 3 weeks accom Georgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 19, 2013