We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hiring

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
car hiring

Hi my husband and I will b in Penang in the month of June/ July and we r looking to hire a car while we r there, can any one tell me how much per day and where we could find the rental.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hiring

we always use Kasina...new cars with low milage ..never had any trouble and they will deliver to your hotel

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
Level Contributor
851 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hiring

Agree with roostown.

Just wondering, why want to hire car when you can get a tour service?

Average cost will be RM30/hrs include petrol.

United States
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hiring

We're in penang right now. This is our 1st trip. We picked up car from Hertz yesterday at Penang airport (banyan lepas).

We use GPS (no problem). If you drive in asian country before, you shouldnt have problem to drive in Penang. Watch out for motorbikes!

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car hiring

My husband and I are planning to take a tour on the mainland, such as Ipoh, Cameron Highlands and checking out few other places as well; at our own leisure.

Edited: 6:47 am, April 26, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: car hiring

We just got back from a month's holiday in Penang; we hired a car from La Belle rental cars for three weeks, @ excellent rates. La Belle rental cars is in Chulia St., situated just opposite Tourist Guest House. The cars aren't new or low mileage, but they are good cars to drive around Penang. Believe me you do not want to drive a new car in Penang, as the traffic is crazy; you need eyes in all directions; very impatient and pushy drivers. Our rental terminated the day we flew out and La Belle offered to drive us to the airport for no extra charge; very much appreciated,

6. Re: car hiring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 23, 2013