We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scouting for a moderate hotel

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
scouting for a moderate hotel

I wonder if anyone has stayed at Golden City Hotel near Macalister Road. Cant seem to get any feedback abt this hotel. I like the location but am not sure of its standards. The telephone no.given seem to be no more in service.

Any difference in room rates for walk-in travellers, and online customers? Which is cheaper? Anybody pls help cos I am travelling to Penang tomorrow for 2N.

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scouting for a moderate hotel

Hi -

Have not heard of it before...to be honest doing a search I cant seem to find anything on the hotel and if a number that is given is no longer in use, I'd rather not chance it. If a hotel doesnt seem to advertise its correct phone number, I would not even try to consider its ability to take online bookings.

Not sure what you mean by "moderate" price but there are a number of alternatives close to Komtar - assuming thats where you are thinking.

Sunway Hotel is in New Lane - across from Kinta Lane is around RM220 per night while Tune Hotel is on Burmah Road, also not far and thats cheap. Tune is very close to New World Park food court which is prime hawker location for lunch.

Alternatively, you can consider Continental Hotel on upper Penang Road - close to Red Garden. Having said that, Continental is quite iffy but the price is cheap.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: scouting for a moderate hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 30, 2013