We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new delhi, india
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Topic
Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

We are in Penang for 6 days and need inputs on places of interest for kids. We would also love to go to the usual must visit tourist spots.

Please let me know.

Also, is there a walking map of Georgetown available? We would like to explore recommended areas of georgetown on foot.

Edited: 10:04 am, July 19, 2011
Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
582 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

When you arrive in Georgetown your hotel should have one of the Unesco world heritage maps as a give-away, it has walking tours and places of interest all over it. Ours was well used. You can find it by googling too....

My then 10 yo enjoyed taking the train up Penang Hill and riding in a rickshaw. We went to the butterfly farm and it was okay, but fairly expensive for what you get. I think my son's favourite thing to do was explore the food!

I hope this helps a little.....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

I reckon the best for the kids is a trip to Bukit Merah ..its round a hours drive once you cross the bridge towards Ipoh ...it has a very good water theme park ...Orangutan Island wher you walk through an enclosed cage and the orangutans are in the open ...they also have a walk in enclosure with monkeys ..birds and lots of other animals that the kdis can feed ..and top the day off at the water park ..go during the week and there is hardly any one there ..Ocean Jupiter can take you there and back ..its a great full day

new delhi, india
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

@roostown many many thanks for that info

McLaren Vale...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

does anyone know if the waterpark has all the slides working in the quieter week days? thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

Down at Bukit Merah ..every thing is open and working every day ..EXCEPT ..I think from memory the Park is closed Monday's..will check that and get back to you ..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

The Park is CLOSED on TUESDAY ...the website to have a look is ..bukitmerahresort.com.my ...look for the link for the Orangutan Island

I am sure that in addition to the kids ...you will enjoy as well ..there is a free cable car from the eco park back to the theme park and when you get there there are change rooms ..lockers ..and you can hire a rubber tube that you can just float on round the canals as the kids enjoy the wave pool etc ..remember ..lots of sun cream ..even on a cloudy day you can burn..enjoy and have fun ....as mentioned Ocean Jupiter can arrange transport ther and back

McLaren Vale...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

we just booked with Ocean Jupiter to go to Bukit Merah for the day and return with a driver. RM 260

Looks to be a great day out

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

good price and am sure all will enjoy

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

Another option is a trek along the sea or through the forest in National Park. It's out west past Batu Ferrenghi. Pretty level hikes and some good opportunity for seeing wildlife (monkeys, etc.). Bring your own water as it can be hot even in shade. Trails end at different beaches.

10. Re: Help plan a itinerary for kids sightseeing for 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, September 06, 2011