We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A recent stay..

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
A recent stay..

Will be visiting for three days next month, and sorry to bore people BUT! has anyone stayed recently at the G Hotel? Prices very good but so are Traders, but think that may end up getting taxis everywhere from Traders, seems like G Hotel is in a better position. Many thanks in advance.....

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,655 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A recent stay..

Traders is quite central and Georgetown is not very big.

You could walk from, say, the E&O hotel to Traders in about 20 (easy) minutes - it is just over 3/4 of a mile.

So, you would only need taxies for trips away from Georgetown.

Anyway, walking within Georgetown is often quicker than a taxi due to traffic congestion/road works.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A recent stay..

Noticed you wrote a favourable report on Traders, they are doing a good deal on price at the mo via own website.

On the walking front, I dont mind walking at all but is it not a case of dodging the mopeds/bikes assorted traffic? Are there pavements of a sort to use? Would be great if thats tha case, appriciate your fedback

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A recent stay..

... not got my typing fingers on...

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,655 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A recent stay..

walking is not a problem - pavements in most places (only the small old 'lanes' have limited or no sidewalk).

Crossing the road is no problem in most places. Worst area I found was to the rear of KOMTAR near Prangin Mall- but up at the junction of Penang road and Burma Road is an overhead walkway.

perth,wa
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A recent stay..

Stayed at G Hotel late last year, & a friend just got back last week. She loved it, I prefer the location of G Hotel to Traders, because I feel when you walk out of Traders, it's all concrete, noise, & hustle& bustle.

Where as G Hotel, you walk out to a lot nicer outlook, along the esplanade,---& the bus to either the main part of Georgetown or BF, is just spitting distance away, as well as the taxi's out front.

Also you get free use of the pc's in the office, or you can use the connection in your room for no charge, also I much prefer the pool area at the GHotel than at Traders, much nicer, as you have little nooks to veg out in instead of rows of day beds that is standard at Traders.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A recent stay..

We have booked the G Hotel, could not get the room I wanted at Traders.

So, maybe on the next vist.... thank you for your comments on the hotels it all helps a great deal...

Looking forward to our visit in three weeks.

7. Re: A recent stay..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 27, 2009