We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penang to Langkawi

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Topic
Penang to Langkawi

My wife and I intend to take a ferry from Penang to Langkawi on March 20, 07. Im trying to find out what kind of luggage would I be able to carry on board the ferries or how spacious they are? Also, do I need to book them in advance?

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance,

Abhishek

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penang to Langkawi

www.langkawi-ferry.com/schedule.html#penang

you'd only need to book in advance around public holiday times - most people buy tickets the day before or on the day itself.....if i'm wrong i hope that someone will come on quickly and correct me

no info about luggage on the site...perhaps other visitors can help

2. Re: Penang to Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:56 am, February 21, 2007
Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Penang to Langkawi

Is it possibel to do a day trip to Langkawi? there and back in a day or do you need more time?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Penang to Langkawi

Hi Andy, in response to your thread, yes it is possible to do day trips from Penang to Langkawi, travel desks in hotel and travel agents dotting along the Batu Ferringhi road do offer this one day excursion--though it is more focused, in that it is either to Pulau Payar Marine Park or island tour covering some of the islands sights.

Pretty tiring, if you ask me, as you have to be ready by 0700hrs, and only back to the Penang, around 2000/close to 2100hrs. Do ensure in your knapsack or diddy bag, have some bottles of mineral water and light snacks, and some wet ones towellete to freshen up, especially with our heat and humidity, and possibly a change of clothing and talc powder, to prevent the sticky lethragic feeling.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Penang to Langkawi

Great advice, thank you!

Do you happen to know how much a day trip like this would cost?

Thanks again.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Penang to Langkawi

The fares are on the website. From memory I think RM95 retrurn

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Penang to Langkawi

Thanks for the all the info people !

8. Re: Penang to Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 18, 2009