We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

revolving restaurant

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
revolving restaurant

Hi, has anybody been to the revolving restaurant at the Bayview in Georgetown? What are you thoughts? What does it cost?

Cheers

PL

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: revolving restaurant

Hi PL, I had dinner at the revolving restaurant at City Bayview Hotel in Georgetown.

At my time of dining, the theme was Malay food, and since we had a party of 10 people, I could only provide the cost per head, which was around RM60.00(incl. of govt tax and service charge). We did order two bottles of wine-a chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, and some of us, also ordered fruit juices and about 3 mugs of Tiger Beer.

Basically, I opined this figure can be trimmed down depending on the dishes that you opt for and whether accompanied with alcohol.

My dining experience here was about a year ago.

This venue does provide patrons with an opportunity to catch sights of Penang during day or night.

Though not revolving, there is (in my another last visit to Penang, and going here, about six years ago), a restaurant, offering buffet style dining at top floor of KOMTAR. Here, one can also have a commanding views of Georgetown, the ocean. You may wish to check out if this restaurant is still in operation.

2. Re: revolving restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 16, 2009