We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Penang

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Penang

My mum and I will be arriving in Penang around 8am and we cannot get into our accom (the Parkroyal) in Batu Ferrighi until 2pm. As it's my mum's first visit to Penang, I thought of taking her somewhere nice for breakfast. She is 81 and a very simple eater, so somewhere that offers western food will be great. Somewhere in Batu Ferringhi will be easier as we will have our luggage with us from the plane, but I will consider options in Georgetown if they are worthwhile.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
766 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Penang

Perhaps you could ask your hotel to hold your baggage until check-in time and have breakfast at or nearby the hotel.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
436 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Penang

Up the road from Parkroyal is a lovely little plqce called Helenas Cafe. It's very simple food and very cheap. Food is always nice and the owners are just adorable. Such lovely people and if you go bqck again they always remember you're and really appreciate ypur business which I find a nice touch.

You can also try contact Francois on here. He is the GM of parkroyal he might be able to help you. Happy travels

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Penang

I would go with the suggestion of going straight to Parkroyal. Have them store your luggage and if you want to, you can pay for and enjoy breakfast at Parkroyal.

Gaja

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Penang

Hi Oz JJ,

just up from the parkroyal only about 5 min walk is Ferringhi Coffee Garden, they are open from 8am for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offer western cuisine. Their courtyard is very beautiful and inviting with cool umbremlas and lots of lovely plants. Coffee is very good too. Here is the link for you:

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g660694…

I am sure you will love it.

cheers

Angela

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Penang

Thanks guys... I like the sound of somewhere different, as we will be enjoying the Park Royal breakfast on the other days, so perhaps Helena's Cafe as suggested above. I would've loved to have taken her to The Tree Monkey Restaurant at the Spice Garden for brekkie and a different atmosphere, but they only serve lunch and dinner.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Penang

The Parkroyal will hold your luggage, if you email prior to arrival you my be able to arrange an early check in.

Breakfast at the hotel is great but a little expensive.

My favourite cafe is The Living Room, turn right when leaving the hotel, it is the 3rd cafe along. (Guan Guan, Helena's and then The Living Room) Amy and Ben will make you feel most welcome and the food is delicious.

Enjoy. Maggs. ^.^

P.S. They are closed on Wednesdays.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in Penang

Thanks Maggs... another great tip! Good to know there's a couple of great places near the Park Royal. We can aways do dinner or lunch at one if not breakfast.

8. Re: Breakfast in Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 07, 2015