We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing trips other than Monkey Beach?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing trips other than Monkey Beach?

Hi!

I'm currently in Batu Feringgi and kind of desperately looking for half day or full day fishing trips for myself & my 9yr old son. We've been to several travel agencies on the main street here but all they have to offer is a 4hr trip to Monkey Beach - which is not something we want since this trip is really not about fishing at all. We've been told to ask the local fishermen if they could take us fishing. I'd like to know if anyone has done this and could share his/her experiences? Or are there other possibilities to go out to the sea (angling by the coast, bottom fishing etc.)? Thanks.

-haroldtb

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing trips other than Monkey Beach?

Penang is a place where fishing is a way of earning a living, so it's not done for pleasure. Blue Whale cruises who operate out of Straits Quay run fishing trips, but for a minimum of 10 people. It might be worth contacting them in case they have other people wanting to go fishing but haven't yet got a viable number. http://www.bluewhalecruises.info/

2. Re: Fishing trips other than Monkey Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 13, 2015