We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterworth train station

Perth
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Butterworth train station

Hello

I understand the train station is undergoing renovations. Could someone advise if it will be completed by February, or it not, how to get to the ferry from the temporary station.

Thanks

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butterworth train station

Based on our train trip in Dec 2012, the old and temporary station is near each other.

From the temporary train station, walk up a LONG flight of steps and then thru the sheltered walkway to the ferry terminal.

We will be taking the train to Bangkok next week, so I will let you know the renovation status when we come back in a weeks time.

Edited: 12:34 pm, November 30, 2013
Perth
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butterworth train station

Thanks Cassandara, this is not the first time you have helped me.

Regards

Marlene

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butterworth train station

Hi NannaMD,

We did the Butterworth>BKK trip last week, so a quick update on the Butterworth train station.

There are still renovations around the train stn but nothing major since our last trip.

Once you get off the train, you will go thru a covered walkway and a LONG flight of stairs( 50-60 steps is a challenge if you have to lug a trolley luggage) which connect directly into the ferry terminal.

Enjoy your holiday.

Perth
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butterworth train station

Hello Cassandara

Thanks very much for remembering my question. I'm sure I will find my way now (not too chuffed about the long flight of stairs, of course!) Oh well, at least I travel light!

Thanks again for your trouble.

Marlene

5. Re: Butterworth train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 15, 2014