We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in advance

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in advance

Hello, I will be visiting Penang towards the end of December. Would you advise to book my car rental in advance? Or it is still okay to book at tr airport itself.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,921 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in advance

Hi

Personally I would not hire a car on Penang.

North West England
Level Contributor
93 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in advance

I can see no reason not to book in advance - I don't think you'll get a better rate by just showing up on the day as you'll be in a weaker bargaining position. I used Kasina last May and received excellent service at a very competitive rate. By all means get quotes from a few different firms and ask for discounts. Having done so, you'll arrive without having to barter.

Enjoy your car as it will give you a much greater sense of freedom.

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in advance

I rented the car with Bob the other time but I did not book it in advance. Just concerned that I may have fewer selection of cars to choose from and end up paying more since I'll be visiting during the peak period. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in advance

Driving in Penang is crazy. You would be best to use someone like Ocean Jupiter for tours etc. and as far as getting from a to b Just grab a cab

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental in advance

I have driven in Penang. So driving around isn't an issue.

6. Re: Car rental in advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 06, 2014