We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timer to penang

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
first timer to penang

Hi

Currently planning trip to PEN. i have a couple of questions and hoping you lovely people can help me out!

1) which combination is better? 5 days in penang or 10 in KL? Or 7 days in each? i am just worried spendin 7 days in penang in case i dont like it lol as i have already been to KL and love it

2) is it silly to be based on the beach (Bf) if ones itinerary will be based mainly in GT? did think abt splitting hotels in both places but not keen on moving hotels!! are taxis from BF to GT expensive? i am wanting to stay on georgetown as i love exploring places by foot but the OH reckons it would be better staying at the beach as we will not have that option in KL!

4) forget price, service etc, in your opinion which hotel is THE best located hotel in penang!!

Thanks everyone!!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,562 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timer to penang

Hi

1) which combination is better? 5 days in penang or 10 in KL? Or 7 days in each? i am just worried spendin 7 days in penang in case i dont like it lol as i have already been to KL and love it

A] IMO neither. I would spend 2 days in KL, then 5 in Georgetown, 5 in Batu Ferringhi and then 2 in Kuala Lumpur. However much you think you like Kuala Lumpur 10 days will put you off for life - I promise you!

2) is it silly to be based on the beach (Bf) if ones itinerary will be based mainly in GT? did think abt splitting hotels in both places but not keen on moving hotels!! are taxis from BF to GT expensive? i am wanting to stay on georgetown as i love exploring places by foot but the OH reckons it would be better staying at the beach as we will not have that option in KL!

A] why not split the time, half in GT and half in BF, easy to do, and gives a good mix of what the island has to offer!

4) forget price, service etc, in your opinion which hotel is THE best located hotel in penang!!

A] IMO it has to be E&O in Georgetown and the Rasa Wing of the Rasa Sayang on Batu Ferringhi beach.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timer to penang

getting from A to B is not hard in Penang ...I would suggest staying at the Rasa and using this as your base

This hotel has a free shuttle bus into Georgetown so with a little planning you can hop on the bus ...do your exploring of Georgetown and then back to the hotel to relax on the beach or round the pool with a cold drink

You get the best of both without changing hotels ...duration ..like TravellingMitch suggests ..cut down the time in KL and spend it in Penang

3. Re: first timer to penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 27, 2014