We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, October 02, 2015
Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

Alex,

Was at Batu Ferringhi 5 weeks ago, stayed at The Park Royal. We went past and into The Golden Sands many times and could not see any sign of ongoing work. The refurbishment is next door at The Rasa Sayang.

There is a large food court opposite the GG, did not see any tailors.

There is another one further up before the Holiday Inn, his name is Ron and he does a great job copying any garment you like. He also has stacks of patterns if you want something different.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

Have you posted on www.penangtalk.com

They are very informative and also have a great forum.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

Alex,

Did you find your taylor ?.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

should be tailor.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

was there a few weeks ago and the only tailor I remember seeing was the one nearly opposite the hawkers market, we had clothes made by them last week and they are very good

dave

UK
Level Contributor
403 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

Dozydai! How was your trip? What did you think of the E&O? (Sorry to hijack your question Alex - it's just that I've been watching for DD to appear!)

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

Alex, yes my wife tells me the tailor you were talking about is still there and she remembers looking in the window at a jacket???.

sclare, yes I know I have not put a report in yet , been meaning to(now you have promped me to I will get round to it.

E&O is without doubt one if not the best hotels I have ever been in, the food was great, pool area nice, 10 minute or so walk to china town and a bit further to the kompar, though the taxi are so cheap you are silly if you do not use them.the best hawker market we think by far is batu ferringi.

Saved the best for last, the staff are brilliant, so friendly always wanting to chat, always helpful and wanting to make our stay memorable, and it was. For the price we paid for the 9 nights it was a steal,cant wait to go again

best wishes

dave

UK
Level Contributor
403 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. We loved the place. How wonderful to be able to spend that much time there. We only had two nights for each visit (my 50th present one year, and my husband's another!) - we were travelling with our teenagers though, so paying for two suites! Then we moved on to the Casuarina at BF - much more of a budget option - though we love it too. Just for different reasons.

Look forward to reading your trip report.

9. Re: anyone been to Batu-Ferringhi recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 16, 2009