We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

Hi there,

We will be travelling to Kl and Penang with our 2 year old toddler. We won't

be taking our car seat for the trip so our little one will be strapped in same as us with either

the taxi seatbelt that goes around their waist only....or the sash ones that come across our chest

on the angle as well. Problem is for ones so little is it sits just on their neck/head which I feel is

dangerous. I have found an extension seatbelt here in Oz that feeds through the seatbelt, covers

their chest but it needs an Anchor point in the back of the car...(like fitting a child car seat), on

the ceiling...before I buy it, does anyone know if taxis have this anchor point?

Or any other solutions to ease my mind.

Thanks in advance

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

I suggest you contact Steven at Ocean Jupiter via email ojtours@yahoo.com. He could have the answer to your question.

Gaja

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

Hi

the newer cars in Malaysia have the ceiling anchor points. There are some newer taxis that might have the point but the bulk of taxis are quite old.

Seat belt useage in Malaysia is an ongoing curve but at the lower end.

The sight of young kids standing on the front seat is common.

Enjoy your trip

Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

ok thank-you...will email Ocean cheers:)

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
492 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

We took our bub last year and he just had to sit on our laps. But I have heard ocean jupiter supply car seats. Good luck

5. Re: anchor point in taxi? for toddler seatbelt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2014