We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monkey Beach

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Monkey Beach

Hi

Myself and a friend have booked to go to Pennag for 8 nights next March and I'm currently looking into day trips for our time there.

We are looking into taking a boat trip to Monkey Beach and I was just wondering if anyone is able to answer the following?

1- Would we have to take a specific tour or can we just catch a boat over to the Beach?

2-Where do the boats travel from and how long is the journey?

3-Are there toilet facilties near the beach?

Many thanks for any answers

Abby

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monkey Beach

1. You do not need a tour. Just catch a boat and arrange for the same boat to pick you up at an agreed time.

2. Boats leave from the fishing village of Teluk Bahang. Boat ride is not very long. Rapid Bus 101 leaves from Georgetown and goes via Batu Ferringhi to the village. Just walk to the fishing jetty nearest the park entrance.

3. No toilets unless they have been built recently.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,157 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monkey Beach

Hi

Agree with Esor', [I am still not worthy]

We did the jetski tour from Batu Ferringhi - from the group that are franchised to the Shangri-la group - great fun, even if Mr Mitch wanted to go faster than I wanted him too.

No loos though, pretty basic beach.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monkey Beach

Hi there,

I also agree with both posts ( Mitch and Esor)

As for toilets there are a few little squat toilets very simple but private.

We did not see any monkeys when we were there but there was a small rustle in the bushes! lol

I would not think this would be a day trip as such. We went for 3 hours all up and that was heaps of time. We went in the morning. You could also do some fishing off the boat if you would like to catch some mini fish! or string for that matter :)

Bron

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monkey Beach

Thanks guys for all your replies.

So, from the sound of things it might just be half a day outing!!

We are really excited about visiting Maylasia and hope it lives up the the reviews on here, which I'm sure it will !

Thanks again

Perth WA
Level Contributor
218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monkey Beach

Hi

We were at monkey beach last week. Lovely beach,you couldn"t get me out of the water. Arranged the trip through the hotel had lunch included approx cost myr 120 pp if 4 or more on the trip. Just be aware that monkeys are around , be careful with your belongings one did try to grab a handbag of a table.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monkey Beach

You can also hike up to the lighthouse. Takes abt 1/2 hr to get up there. The views are spectacular. Opens fr 9am - 2pm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monkey Beach

The hike up to the lighthouse sounds good, I'm sure the views are amazing. Can't wait to visit!

Thanks again for the replies to the questions.

8. Re: Monkey Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 08, 2010