We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

KL
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

Can I find budget accommodation easily on arrival in Penang or is it advisable to book something in advance? By budget, I mean a double room for less than 70RM!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

It depends on whether your arrival coincide with a long weekend due to public holidays or school holidays.

Recently, we picked up a friend who paid about RM80 for a room in Hotel Mingood and they were happy with it. I did not see the room though.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

If this is a planned trip, then it is advisable to do a search for budget accomodation and book in advance if you see something that suits you.

This way, on arrival, you could go straight to your hotel for check in and do not need to go round searching/hunting from one hotel/hostel/guesthouse to another till you find one(waste of time and waste of transport cost). Also, good and reputable budget accommodation might be fully booked..

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

Good advice from Ami & Cass.

Mingood hsa good reviews and is central.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

hiya i know the crystal guest house on chulia street iis MR40 with a shared bathroom and MR50 with an ensuite lovely and clean email michael at,,,,

crystalguesthouse@hotmail.com

KL
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

Thank you for all the advice :)

UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

I stayed at Hotel Mingwood late last year as i wanted a budget hotel. I was happy with the room i got for the price i paid for it. Nothing fancy, just a good honest hotel.

Also it was central to everywhere and easy to get around and the Red Garden Hawker is just down the road. I thoroughly recommend it if you are on a budget.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

Hi,

I am stayiong at the old penang guesthouse in Georgetown. Really nice double room for 50RM. Breakfast included, largish room with air con and very clean place. Also free Wi-Fi internet that is allowing me to type this!

Check it out

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…30636

8. Re: budget accommodation on arrival in penang??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 24, 2009