We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry - Batu ferringhi

australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Laundry - Batu ferringhi

I've read a few tips on cheap laundry places near the hotels but have a question that may sound silly!!

Having been caught in a few places Some of the laundries we have used in other places wash your clothes and then dry them by just putting them in big dryers on hot. We found that some items of clothing shrank slightly. (At first we accused each other of over eating!!) Anyone had any problems with that or do they dry them naturally or on not so hot temperatures??

I did warn you it might seem a silly question!!

Debbie

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

they will use dryers

it may sound silly but the humidity is so hot it takes a while for anything to dry in Penang.

In england on a hot day i can do a load of clothes and they dry on the line in a hour or so

when i am at my mother in laws in penang they can take all day to dry.

This may be the reason why they use dryers to ensure they are dry when they are returned to you

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

Your quite right to be concerned. Can confirm the above post is correct, they do use hot dryers.

I have had items returned looking rather threadbare and faded.

There is a couple of laundry places at Ferringhi, I would not recommend handing over anything special to them. They are ok for tee-shirts/jeans etc.

Its not a silly question, not if you have expensive clothing.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

Debbie there is a good laundry / dry cleaners at Tanjung Bunga called "Bubbles" I will try and find their business card for correct address or maybe another poster will already know their address.

i used to take my dry cleaning there all the time when I lived in Batu Ferringhi, I had a laundry but they were convenient for lots of things.

Mentioned in this post
Batu Ferringhi
Batu Ferringhi
Penang Island, Malaysia
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

Hi Debbie

We have used the laundry across the road from the Golden Sands hotel (in the shops behind the hawker centre) several times. They do use dryers but we did not experience any adverse effects. However, we did only take polo shirts and jeans, nothing fancy.

They were very cheap too and saved me doing several loads of washing when we got home !!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

ITIK,

Thats the same place as I have used in the past, out of Golden Sands, turn right and further along on the left side of the road.

Ok for jeans etc, but I'd not give them a suit to clean.

The other place is further up the road past Holiday Inn. Never tried them, maybe they are better.

Erskine, Scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

You are quite right the hotels do the laundry for their

clients, perhaps dry the laundry in the dryer. I don't agree that the laundry would take a whole day to dry in the sun. It will only take 1 hour, despite the weather being very humid.

In Britain, yes it will take a whole day to dry the laundry, in the summer, ie if there is a summer!

australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

Thank you everyone for your help.I might use the recommended laundry near Golden Sands for our

general stuff. We won't be taking any really good stuff....that's the beauty of holidaying in Penang - the casual dress code!!! I too like the idea of not having to do loads of washing when we get home.

Thanks again

Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Penang Island,
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

Hi..anyone interested to send their laundry. pls call 016-5211791. We provide laundry & dry cleaning services at a very cheap price plus we collect and deliver for free. No minimum cost. No delivery charges.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,454 posts
2,108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

We used the self service laundry at the Golden Sands and had no problems with them. Again most of our clothes tend to be cotton t shirts, shorts, trousers etc.

10. Re: Laundry - Batu ferringhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 22, 2009