We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pangkot Laut Resort....meal plan ?

australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Pangkot Laut Resort....meal plan ?

We are staying at the Pangkor Laut Resort for a week soon and don't know if its worth taking a "meal plan".. I suppose like many island resorts the food will be expensive ?

Also is it worthwhile taking along snorkelling gear ?

W + K ( Australia )

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pangkot Laut Resort....meal plan ?

someone else answer your first question in another post.

I brought snokelling gear, but didn't find much to see underwater the last time I went.

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pangkot Laut Resort....meal plan ?

The meal plan is more for local guests which only stay for two days. The evening choice is between Uncle Lim's(Chinese) and RBBC(Malay). All lunches and breakfast at Palm Grove Cafe, are included. If you are staying in a Spa Villa the breakfast is included at the Jamu Bar.

I would not reccomend it if you are staying for a week. There are approx 6 different dining options in the evening, the meal plan fully covers 2, the others are available if you pay a surcharge.

Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pangkot Laut Resort....meal plan ?

we have just returned after a stay of 10 days. we also thought about the meal plan but decided against it. You can stuff yourself as much as you like at breakfast which is a fixed price of 60 ringgits. You won't want lunch!! (and they provide a doggy bag at breakfast for fruit, but everyone puts a muffin or croissant in as well). The meals worked out at about the same as the meal plan this way and we ate a fair bit at the Fishermans Cove restaurant which is the more expensive, but it still came within cost. Hardly anyone drinks the wines as they are expensive, but in that heat water is a good alternative. Take your own bottle of duty free if you fancy a private nightcap!!!

I wouldn't bother with snorkelling gear unless you want to pay for a special trip out. You can only swim at Emerald Bay and there is not much to see. We were disappointed on that front.

If you dine at the Samudra restaurant, (currently based in the RBBC) make friends with the head waiter 'DIN' He is most helpful, speaks good English, and can vary the menu for you to suit any special requirements. He was extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us.

Enjoy!