We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to pangkor via bus

Which Pangkor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sinagpore
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel to pangkor via bus

Hi

iam going to Pangkor for Christmas this year

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good VIP bus company to travel

KL - Lumut

Do any buses go from KLIA?

Ideally i would like to book this online

Also can we just buy the ferry tickets on the day or do we need to pre-book these too?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

hioya babs how you duin i went to lumut in feb this year and i got a sri maju coach from butterworth just where you get off the penang island ferry very easy to catch from georgetown maggieomx

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

sorry about the upside down post, (just got up!!) i also went to lumut from k.l and i got a transnational coach from puduraya bus station the coach was clean and stopped once on the way for aroungd 15 minits

you dont need to book your ferry tickets to go over to pangkor, you just go to the ticket office and buy them have a good time maggieomx

Sinagpore
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

thanks a lot for the info!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

HI Babs, many ways to get from Singapore to Lumut. You can fly Singapore-Ipoh direct with firefly (www.fireflyz.com.my) and then take an outstation cab to Lumut (1 hour with the Menglembu-Lumut highway).

or

from Singapore Boon Lay shopping centre to Lumut directly with Konsortium SVIP

konsortium.com.sg/documents/…schedules.pdf

http://easibook.com.sg

OR

you can fly to KLIA/LCCT and then take a bus or cab to Puduraya. From Puduraya, take a Transnasional bus to Lumut directly, but its not a SVIP bus, normal Malaysian bus 2-2 seats. Book at www.transnasional.com.my

OR

you can fly to KLIA, transfer with a cab to Subang Airport and then from Subang Airport, take a Berjaya Air flight into Pangkor island directly. Look at the flight schedules here:

https:/…flightschedule.htm

Happy planning!

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

Hi babs066, u dont need to book ferry tickets to Pulau Pangkor. U can buy them straight at their office.

sitiawan
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

The bus station Puduraya has buses the whole day. Personally I think Sri Maju and Konsortium are the best buses. However, it does not matter that much, all coaches I have had in the last 5 years were comfortable 3 seaters. Even in high season you should have no problem to show up at Puduraya and get a bus immediately.

I would NOT fly to Ipoh and take a bus to Lumut. It will cost you a lot of time. Best option is to take a bus from Golden Mile, 10 hours overnight. The Ipoh airport has no direct connection to Lumut so you first have to get into Ipoh town, then change to a bus (which takes 2 hours) to Lumut. Or get an expensive taxi direct from the airport. Bus from Golden Mile is a MUCH better option. (one of my friends here flew to Ipoh from Singapore and then a bus to Lumut, cost him 6 hours traveling... never more he said).

There's no direct bus from KLIA to Lumut.

Online booking bus tickets is not possible, as far as I know.

No need to book tickets for the ferry.

www.pulau-pangkor.com/bus-to-Pangkor.html for bus details

Peter

7. Re: travel to pangkor via bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2010