We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi between lumut & KL

Seattle, washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi between lumut & KL

Planning to go to Pangkor, so it seems that the best option is to go by land to lumut and from there use a ferry.

How much would it cost to get a taxi from KL (traders hotel) to lumut?

Similary would like to take a taxi from lumut to KL international airport (am assuming it would be a similar price).

Additional suggestions are also appreciated :=)

Mentioned in this post
Pangkor
Pangkor
Pulau Pangkor, Malaysia
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

Different prices apply from KLIA and KL to Lumut. KLIA is 80 km south of KL centre. Transfer to Lumut costs between RM 400 - 550 one way. Check these tour agencies out:

http://www.marimari.com/cruises/index.html

http://www.journeymalaysia.com/cardriver.htm

I think they will be willing to take you from KL to Lumut but not from LUmut back to KLIA. So you'd better discuss and make a deal. I would assume that they will charge you a surcharge of Rm 50+ if you are heading to KLIA. WHy not just save all the trouble and fly to Pangkor? Berjaya Air offers daily flights from SUBANG Airport in Subang Jaya. About the same price as the cab, but you save the journey time.

http://berjaya-air.com/flightschedule.htm

You can also take a bus from Puduraya or Hentian Duta in KL to Ipoh and then change buses or get a cab to Lumut. Should be a whole lot cheaper, but won't be a good idea if you have tonnes of luggage.

Mentioned in this post
Lumut
Lumut
Manjung District, Malaysia
Pangkor
Pangkor
Pulau Pangkor, Malaysia
Subang Jaya
Subang Jaya
Petaling District, Malaysia
Ipoh
Ipoh
Kinta District, Malaysia
Seattle, washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

Thanks a million.

Its pretty ridiculous, how expensive these Taxi's are. Actually I might fly as you mentioned.But coming back my flight ouf of KL is at 11:59 midnight. So flying back from Pnagkor will put me in KL around 12:30 noon (homeless and cold). So I would rather go by ground according to my own terms and be early in the airport - around 7:30 evening.

On a separate note - How bad is renting a car and driving? I can manage traffic/rough driving; am slightly worried about driving on the left side? Any thoughts on that.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

Hi, you will be landing in Subang Airport and not the KLIA international. You might want to try to stick around the town for a movie and/or check-in the airport hotel to get a few hours of sleep, but that will further increase your jetlag.

Driving is actually a very straightforward thing, but you will have to know how to get out of KL city (traders hotel) and get unto the North-South highway towards Ipoh, which can be a nightmare for non-locals. Once you are out on the highway, its straight road to Ipoh (3.5 hours) and then change to Lumut highway. Also another problem is parking at the Lumut Jetty. The cars can't go to pangkor island because there is no suitable ferry for transporting the cars, so you will have to find a parking space for how long? and make your way y foot and boat to the jetty and Pangkor.

I would say - I know someone reliable who can arrange transport for you for half the price, but you will have to message me if you want his contact. He is based in Ipoh.

Mentioned in this post
Ipoh
Ipoh
Kinta District, Malaysia
Lumut
Lumut
4. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:14 am, April 16, 2008
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

Hi Peter, how is it possible that a Proton Waja and Ssangyong be more expensive than a Mercedes?! One is German and the other is Taiwan/Korea/Kedah?? Has is got sth to do with petrol consumption? I really do not think that Proton waja has a problem on the highways, but I won't drive up Camerons with a Waja...neither a Ssanyong....

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

The cost if you book it with the hotel will be RM500 from Traders to Lumut. If you book a local taxi it will be no more than RM300.

I dont think that is expensive for a 3 hour private car ride. How much would 3 hours in a taxi cost you in the States??? Would it be less than $130...I very much doubt it.

The hotel car is a new car, which is extremely spacious, clean, new, and comfortable. The car is also under the control of the hotel, therefore the drivers are responsible and safe. If you take a regular taxi you are always running the risk of having a less than comfortable and safe experience. For 3 hours is it really worth it??

If you take the flight your times are restricted and by the time you travel to subang airport, wait, take the flight and then transfer to the island it is almost exactly the same time as jumping in the waiting car at your hotel and getting to the island.

Mentioned in this post
Lumut
Lumut
7. Re: Taxi between lumut & KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 25, 2009