We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

SIN
7 posts
Save Topic
Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

I would like to visit this Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle and not sure if Taxi diver can book for 6 hour or local tour have this kind of service. If yes, how much or who should I contact.

Beside, I have visit Gua tempurung website and have send e-mail to them. But their e-mail (enquiries@guatempurung.com) not working. Do anyone know what is their correct e-mail?

For Gua tempurung , do they have timing for the local guide or need any booking in advance? I am interested to take part in "Top of the World" but not sure if we only have total 2 person, will the guide bring us in?

Pls help. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kellie's Castle
Kellie's Castle
278 Reviews
Batu Gajah, Malaysia
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

Hi, best rent a car in Ipoh for like SGD 100 a day. you need to drive there.

for gua tempurung, you have to be there early like before noon. you just walk in, pay and join the other people for the tour, no need to book in advanced.

Just drive there, park your car in front of the entrance and walk in. I don't think there is a local tour cause most people self drive. are you arriving with bus or firefly?

Kellies castle - same principal, drive and park and visit. You can also choose to visit clearwater sanctuary on the way there, very nice resort for lunch or tea.

Here are my pictures:

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

Mentioned in this post
Ipoh
Ipoh
Kinta District, Malaysia
SIN
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. But the problem is I am not familiar with the road in Ipoh. So driving is not possible. Beside, I will stay in one of the hotel in Ipoh. So I would prefer that maybe I can book a Taxi Driver for 6 hours to go to this two places. If you have the contact, pls feel free to recommend to me. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Ipoh
Ipoh
Kinta District, Malaysia
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

Hi

Just get hold of any taxi at Ipoh,plenty of then around.

Expect to pay around Rm20-30 an hour or charter the taxi for the whole day to visit both places.(1)Gua tempurung follow by theKellie's castle and other caves at Ipoh

Now that you know "how much to pay"

Mentioned in this post
Ipoh
Ipoh
Kinta District, Malaysia
Gua Tempurung
Gua Tempurung
315 Reviews
Gopeng, Malaysia
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

ask your hotel, they can arrange someone for you. taxi drivers are not very easy to get hold of if you are out of the taxi stands.

singapore
Level Contributor
111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

hi joexue

i know this is rather late but

did u visit gua temourung and kellies castle?

what is the taxi charge and how many hours

you need to spend at gt and kc?

thanks

paulo

taiwan
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

I have been to Gua Tempurung few months ago. I went with 2 of my friends in the weekdays, they could not be bothered to take us because the number is too small for a trip. We have to wait more than one hour for other tourists to join in. About the transport, I stayed in a hotel called Fair Park Hotel. They arranged a cab that transported us to and fro Gua Tempurung. Also, don't miss the rafting but it is cheaper if you book Gua Tempurung and rafting as a package.

Mentioned in this post
Gua Tempurung
Gua Tempurung
315 Reviews
Gopeng, Malaysia
Fair Park Hotel
Fair Park Hotel
107 Reviews
Ipoh, Malaysia
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

Wow, can I know how to book the Gua tempurung and rafting together? That's what I exactly plan to!!

Mentioned in this post
Gua Tempurung
Gua Tempurung
315 Reviews
Gopeng, Malaysia
taiwan
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

You may book at the Gua Tempurung ticket counter itself. Be early at 9am.

Mentioned in this post
Gua Tempurung
Gua Tempurung
315 Reviews
Gopeng, Malaysia
Ipoh
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

For those who do not want to drive, can get a taxi from BK teksi 05-2534188.

Not meter run taxi but they have a fixed rate to go around Ipoh.

10. Re: Gua tempurung & Kellie's Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, May 16, 2011