We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort to stay at Cherating...

Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Which resort to stay at Cherating...

Hi All ,

Pls help.. I will be driving from Singapore to Cherating at my last week in Dec.

Kindly advise which resort will be good... Is Impania ok ???

I am looking for clean rooms and nice beaches...

BTW , which Highway should we take and est driving time??

Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

Firstly, thanks mKiaratravel for your informative post. It makes us very tempted to stay at the Impiana Cherating.

The other resort I've stayed at in Malaysia is Berjaya Langkawi. Have you stayed there and if so how would you compare it to Impiana Cherating?

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

The reputable 4-5 stars resorts in Cherating/Kuantan are Swiss Garden, Hyatt Regency and Legend.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298296-Kuantan_Kuant…

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

in response to Atray, Berjaya Langkawi will not be able to compare with Impiana Cherating. Different calibre and style of accommodation and also facilities- spa, pool size, compound landscaping and also F&B facilities- Impiana F&B is very simple and basic in my opinion- most guests with own transport head to Cherating Village or along the coastal road for seafood, which in my personal opinion, hotels lack here.

In my personal opinion, with exception of Club Med, the only hotel in Cherating, which has commendable F&B outlets and food presentation is Legend Cherating.

Hyatt Regency is not in Cherating, but at Teluk Chempedak, which is about 35-40kms from Cherating.

Resorts Hotels along Cherating beach are as follows: Legend, Holiday Villa and its Pavillions, Residence Inn(inside Cherating Village), Club Med, Impiana Cherating, Suria Cherating.

Swiss Cherating is considered "outside" of Cherating and though been there, only once, did not enjoy the quality of experience-more local family orientated.

If one's budget really allow, the BEST place in Cherating in my personal opinion is Club Med, and next is Holiday Villa Pavillions-with its individual villas, and next in list is Impiana-for its vast compound and long stretch of beach.

Suria Cherating which is next to Impiana Cherating is fairly new, but room are of concrete style, and mainly cater for civil servants and pool and compound not as inviting as Impiana-and front rooms actually quite a near distant to parking lots. Breakfast spread is also not as appealing as in Impiana.

Best breakfast spread, from my personal experience in order of ranking:-

1). Club Med

2). Legend

3). Holiday VIlla

4). Impiana Cherating

5). Residence Hotel

If one wishes to be close to Kuantan town, which I opined is fairly uninteresting, THE place to stay is certaintly Hyatt Regency at Teluk Chempedak. Lovely place to view sunrise, and the road leading to Hyatt is considered a millionaire rows with those bungalows and big manicured landscaped garden compounds.

london
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

Hi,

Is there anything to do in cherating ? Am thinking of booking a 3N stay in Impiana but have never been to the east coast. \\Are there any food places within walking distance if we dont wish to eat at the hotel? We havent got a car - how to get to the hotel from Kuantan? Is the taxi expensive?

Thanks a lot.

j

Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

The Impiana is firming as my favourite.

Can someone confirm that it had a refurbishment in 2006?

How kid (ages 2-7) friendly is this hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

Hi mKiaratravel,

Thanks for all the advise. I will be going in a few days time and staying at Holiday Villa. Any activities that you recommend that I should do while in Cherating? Is there other local food that is special to Cherating other than chilli crabs and lekor? I will be coming from Penang. Is there a better way to go to Cherating other than going to KL then proceed to Kuantan? Can I use the east-west highway up North?

Thank so much.

Rgds,

Sue

Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

Hi mKiaratravel,

Thank you for all your advise. I will be going to Cherating in a few days and will be staying in Holiday Villa. I need your advise on these things.

1) What are the activities I can do in Cherating other than visiting the beaches and mangroves?

2) What other good food are available there besides chilli crab? What are their specialties?

3) How do I get there if I start from Penang? Is there another way to go other than go to KL and then Kuantan? Can I follow the East - West highway on the northern region in Malaysia? Is this faster / slower?

Thanks so much.

Rgds,

Sue

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

I've to agree with MKiara, Impiana hotel is my favourite that is within my budget (RM100-200), depending on the season

It is however, only a 3 star hotel, just in case you are trying to compare it with Holiday Villa (the Villas) or Hyatt Regency.

The omelette served in breakfast is one of the best i've ever tried in Msian hotels, limited but tasty enough buffet breakfast spread

Been to Cherating twice, stayed with Impiana both times, it was during off season (end Oct/early Nov) when there's very few visitors. It's really a good place to relax, not really for a jammed packed itinerary.

The last time I was there in Oct2005, the hotel starts to be a little run-down, it should be fine if there's a refurbishment, else, it might not be that desirable.

The beaches, however, aren't the best in Cherating, and definitely not the best on the East Coast.

Would i still recommend Impiana after all this 'but,...'? I would, there is a charm with the architechural design and the peace within the hotel, definitely for those who wants solitude and it works well with a smaller budget

19. Re: Which resort to stay at Cherating...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:25 am, August 26, 2009