We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

We are a family of 4 flying to Kuantan in June. We will be staying at Bukit Gambang for a few days and after that Club Med Cherating. Will be grateful to anyone who has any advice or recommendation on transport options available for getting from the airport to Bukit Gambang, and thereafter to Club Med Cherating and back to the airport. A taxi contact that is reliable and reasonable will be expecially appreciated.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

The taxi I used to use sadly is no longer (but mostly just drove myself) but when you get off the plane at Kuantan ther are taxi booths right outside arrivals. Fixed costs are displayed on a board, I always found them fine, you could get the drivers details and use him to bring you back to the airport (or anywhere else) and agree a cost.

Or what about hiring a vehicle from the airport to get around perhaps? There are some at the airport and would save money maybe and give you the flexibility to get around. Have a look at the Airport website for further details.

Roads you will be travelling on are not bad at all just watch out for some crazy driving in/around Kuantan. Singapore driving it is not!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

Thank you so much for your reply. The airport website wasn't much help. I agree, I think I should consider hiring a car to drive around.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

Avis, Mayflower and Hawk and Hertz have car rental desks at Sultan Ahmad Shah Airport.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

Just back from Kuantan on 16 June and thought I'd post an update on this topic. Taxi fares from Kuantan airport are fixed based on destination. From Kuantan airport to Bukit Gambang for a family of 4, we paid RM55. This seemed the std price. I'd noted that the price from Kuantan airport to ClubMed Cherating (about 45 mins to an hour's drive) was RM75. The Concierge at Bukit Gambang had booked a taxi for us to ClubMed Cherating. The journey was about 1hr 15 mins. It cost RM120. I arranged for the same taxi to drive us from ClubMed to Kuantan airport 4 days later at the agreed price of RM80. Mr Shafie speaks good English and provides taxi services for a reasonable rate. He can be contacted at 0199049045 or 0199046869.

5. Re: Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:22 pm, August 30, 2014
6. Re: Transport Options and Taxi contact in Kuantan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, July 15, 2015