We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

Hello,

Next weeken I will be in Kuantan. Lonely Planet recommends Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏, has anybody stayed there?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Kuantan
Kuantan
Kuantan District, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

From what I found thru internet, Sungai Wang Utama Hotel is a budget hotel with only 17 rooms range from RM25 - RM60.

T: 09-513 4233

Add:No.16, Jalan Penjara,

25000 Kuantan, Pahang.

Mentioned in this post
Kuantan
Kuantan
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

I stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel in Kuantan with 2 friends in March 2012. It was the worst place we have stayed in SE Asia. The common bathroom was so dirty we couldn't even go in, it looked like they hadn't clean it for months. The room was very humid and mouldy. The mattress was full of mould. The walls and courtains dirty with some brown stuff. We turned on the AC in order to get the humidity out of the room and a very strong smell came from the AC. After staying there 1 night we got an allergic reaction to mould and we spend the following 3 days couching and sneezing. None of us has known allergies. A really bad experience.

The location is not great but not bad.

The best was the entrance, really clean and nice. Kuantan is a safe city, you will be better of sleeping on the parking lot next to the Sungai Wang Utma Hotel than inside. It is too bad that I cannot post photos in the Forum because I have some of the room and bathroom.

Mentioned in this post
Kuantan
Kuantan
Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

iam stayed in kuantan for vacation from today to15 apr this is my number for contact 0060147139316

my facebook :hatem elmehrik

Klang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

worth for my budget & purpose (sleep in the night, go to fieldwork in the day) staying in Kuantan, but the wifi only accessible in the night or middle of the night.

no parking lot from the hotel, get the parking coupon at nearby shop if you don't want to get parking ticket.

Mentioned in this post
Kuantan
Kuantan
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at Sungai Wang Utama Hotel‏ in Kuantan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 17, 2014