We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in Cherating and surrounding area.

Which Kuantan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds -UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
what to do in Cherating and surrounding area.

Hi all,

Special thanks to MKiaratravel for the very helpful reply on my last Post!

We are a family with 3 children under 10 visiting Impiana Cherating, we will spend sometime swimming, but would like to rent a car and see things like zoo's nature reserves, markets, eat out, boat trips? in fact anything to get a flavour of malaysian culture/life.

Unfortunately whilst the beech looks good, we dont know much about the surrounding area. I have heard of a turtle sanctuary somewhere on the beech, is this correct?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in Cherating and surrounding area.

Hi Steve,

We've stayed at Cherating a few times. It's worth renting a car at least for a couple of days just to drive around and get an idea of the country side.

There's a turtle sanctuary next to Club Med. Quite small but interesting. They show a video and have exhibits. I don't think this is egg laying/hatching season though. About 20 mins drive north there's a mangrove swamp board walk which takes you over the mangroves and the river bank. Lots of interesting animals and plants to see.

Further away there's the Charah cave probably about 40 mins drive.

I think you can go on a boat trip on the river at Chukai. Plenty of places to eat but you will have to be a bit adventurous - there's A&W & KFC around but you will find many local places if you explore.

malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in Cherating and surrounding area.

Dear steve006,

regarding seeing nature reserves, I think i can recommend you to try Kuantan River Cruise, either day or night tour. I've tried the day tour before as I'm a local here in Kuantan. You can contact this no. if u're interested. 609-5121644.

We also have fireflies trip at night. However, i've not yet tried this trip as they need a number of people for a trip.

You can also try Pancing Waterfall for a minimal entry fee. You can check out our Pahang tourism website. www.pahangtourism.com.my

as for our food, you can try our east coast specialty, keropok lekor (where u can get near tanjung lumpur), nasi dagang and nasi kerabu (only available in the morning - nearby tanjung lumpur also)

Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in Cherating and surrounding area.

Hi Chelsina,

Maybe you can help me on this as I could not find much details in internet on Island trip and snorkeling.

Saw in the internet Pulau ular trip and also Pulau Kapas Trip from Cherating but thats all with no other informations.

Since you are Local there, could help me in pass on the details? Maybe experience or contact number to the local tour agent that handle this tour.

Really appreciate the help.

Thanks

4. Re: what to do in Cherating and surrounding area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 18, 2009