We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIN to Kuantan

Leeds -UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
SIN to Kuantan

Hi all

Can you please advise the best way to travel to Kuantan from SINGAPORE we (my wife and 3 young children) want a 10 day beach holiday in Malaysia in July preferably on a deserted beach in Kuantan rather than Penang/Lankawi

I believe there are no trains but what about flights?

Is there a good highway up the east coast? do we need to break the journey?

Any advice you can give would b appreciated

Thank you

Steve

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SIN to Kuantan

Hi Steve, there are train from Singapore to Mentakab (M/57), which departs at 1735rs, and arrives Mentakab at 1018hrs, and also M/58 from Singapore at 1005hrs, and arrives Mentakab at 1745hrs.

Then from Mentakab, you shall have to take an outstation taxi, and onto the East Coast Highway to Kuantan. Afraid, no deserted beach in Kuantan, have to travel another 42kms to Cherating. As you have 3 young children, the best place to keep them occupied with activites are Club Med Cherating or Legend Resort.

There are flight on MH from Singapore to Kuantan via KL, but stopover time is rather too long, exceeding 2 hours.

In fact, have you considered renting a car, and making the journey yourself, as it is easier, from Singapore, then heading to Kota Tinggi, and using Route #3, which is the coastal state road onto Kuantan, with a stop at Mersing or starting early from Singapore, for this 468kms drive.

Then of course, a Transional (Pan Malaysia) bus from Lavander St in Singapore to Kuantan. A journey of around 6-7hours.

malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIN to Kuantan

Beach holiday in Kuantan in July will be alrite. Even these days, Kuantan beach looks great as there isnt much of waves. If you're looking for a more deserted beach in Kuantan, from Telok Chempedak beach (the beach where Hyatt is overlooking), you can try walking to Telok Chempedak's 2nd bay. They have plankwalks available. If you prefer an even deserted beach, you can have a shortwalk through the light forest to the 3rd bay.

I guess Telok Chempedak beach would be just great for the children as they also have McDonalds on the beach. BEsides that, there is also a famous curry mee restaurant very nearby called Hoi Yinn. A Kuantan local like me would usually go there whenever we feel like eating curry mee.

3. Re: SIN to Kuantan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, August 28, 2009