We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cherating

Which Kuantan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cherating

Hi,

I wonder if you can help - we hope to book one of the nicer hotels in cherating but wd like to know if there are any food stalls, mini shops and souvenir shops WITHIN walking distance from, say, the Holiday Villa or the Impiana?

Thanks.

needy

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cherating

Hi needy, Impiana will not be convenient-there are practically nothing WITHIN walking distance.

As for Holiday Villa, unless you are taking their pavillion villas, their rooms are a bit tired and asthestic of the hotel exterior leaves much to be desired.

Another nicer hotel, in Cherating that I suggest and WITHIN walking distance to mini shops and food stalls is Legend Hotel. As for souvenir shops, the best place is in Cherating Village at Limbong Art. Cherating Village is not walkable from Legend though. A reasonable good hotel in Cherating Village itself is Residence Inn-only main drawback is the ocean water fronting Cherating Village and its beach stretch is not so inviting as those at Legend. The best stretch of beach in Cherating is the one at CLub Med, and also close to a turtle sanctuary, but CLub Med is also no where WITHIN walking distance to food stalls, mini shops.

london
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cherating

Thanks for the comments - sound slike Legend is our best bet. Is the location near and around Residence Inn nice?

needy

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cherating

Hi needy, the Residence Inn is located inside Cherating Village. Cherating Village is a quaint Malay village with some locals staying, some accommodation outlets ranging from 3 stars of Residence Inn to guest houses in wooden chalets.

Inside this village are several seafood restaurants(not expensive type-mainly home cooked version), burger stalls run by locals, souvenir store(Limbong Art and few others), travel agent, and few convenience store(mini store), towards the end of Cherating Village is also a cultural village centre(though not much of activities).

Inside this Village, one may come across some caucasian dressed very much like the locals as they had married to the locals and taken to staying in Cherating.

At Limbong Art, one can also try their skill at batik printing, conducted by their in house master.

To me, it is a nice little village, somewhat like a mini self-sustained hamlet, and here, there is also a horse riding area.

Then if you wish to do an excursion like going to Tasik Cini, a temple at Sungai Lembing housed in cave, or even a day trip to Kuala Terengganu, there is the travel agent in Cherating Village to arrange at convenience.

london
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cherating

Thanks - you mention that there are eating places within walking distance from Legend - are these food places any good? Are there local buses from Legend to the village? Sorry for being such an inconvenience. You have been great!

needy

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cherating

HI needy, the seafood restaurant on your right, as you exit from Legend access road and come to the main road, is very good, even locals from Kuantan comes over here. Fresh fish and good selection of vegetable dishes.

Price is also, in my opinion, reasonably priced. In fact, in so many of the eateries along Cherating and in CHerating Village, prices are quite reasonable, but I have to prequalify this statement, in case you get misguided; I travel to Cherating very often, even for short weekends, as it is only 2.5 hours from KL on the new East COast Highway, and few of the eateries owners have come to recognise me and we greet each other by first names and even nick names.

AS for mini-bus, am afraid not able to comment; possibly check with LEgend, they might have a shuttle bus for guests convenience.

Happy holidaying in Cherating.

IF you are able to get up early one morning, try to arrange for sunrise viewing at Teluk Chempedak.

6. Re: cherating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 27, 2009