We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Two of us travelling to the Cameron Highlands in February. We have transportation from KL and then on to Penang and having 2nts (1 and half days) at Cameron Higlands Resort. We want to do a half day trip following the Jim Thompson trail and another half day whilst we are there but not sure whether to do a tea plantation trip or strawberry farm and other vegetable/fruit and honey farms. Can anyone recommend either/or and any companies to book with.

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

The strawberry/vegetable/fruit/honey farms IMHO is not very interesting for western tourists, as it caters more for the local market.

The Boh tea plantation is nice and has beautiful scenery and is worth paying a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Boh Tea Plantation
Boh Tea Plantation
1,319 Reviews
Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

If you have transport, you can DIY tours, no need for tour company.

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Thanks Jadamros. That helps us with our itinerary. Awang, I am afraid we only have transportation by our tour operator from KL to CH and then from CH to Penang but not in Cameron Highlands.

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

You can find other travel agency near by Tanah Rata,offering day trips with reasonable price.Range price around RM50-RM100 per person depends which package .

Here the information will give you some input about Cameron Highland.Try find other information about Cameron Highland.

www.cameronhighland.my/Information.html

Mentioned in this post
Tanah Rata
Tanah Rata
Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Thanks Redangisland. I have been searching on the websites and just wondered whether it was better to do the fruit farm trip or the tea plantations. Thank you for your suggestion of someone to book with. I have found many companies offering the same trips - it is good to have a recommendation.

malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

You may also try to drop an email to info@titiwangsatours.com as this tour company is 1 of the well knwn companies doing those trekking package. Been with them once few months back and what i found out is that their guides are really superb............Try out their Moonlight Rendevous in the Forest package...........really gain a good experience in the forest at nite falls...........cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Yes, titiwangsa tour is one of the famous tour provider in Cameron highland. Their Cameron highland office is at tanah rata tourist information counter.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
663 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

When my husband and I were in Cameron, we ended up hiring a driver/ guide for the day. It was arranged by the hotel, and the driver co-owned a taxi company. Booking the guide was a great idea, as we got to see Boh Plantation and had a lovely pot of tea. We loved the tea fields, and even stopped the car a couple of times to walk down a road, or take a couple of pictures. We then headed to a honey farm, which was small, but we saw how the honey was made, and baught a few jars for really good prices. Then we visited a market, but didn't buy anything. After that we visited a butterfly farm which was kind of cool, except a freakish moth scared me :p We then headed to a strawberry farm, and cut some of our own strawberries, and baught a jar of the world's best jam. Finally we made our way into town for dinner and a latte (shameful I know). Then it was back to the hotel

This all took around 6 hours, and was for a very reasonable price. The driver was polite, helpful, with good english. We had most places to ourselves, and I felt like a queen. I would do it again :)

Edited: 5:16 am, November 08, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Hi

Would you have the contact of the driver?

I am travelling to Greenhill resort on 8 Feb for a short break and likely would need a transport to move around.

I shall be coming from Spore

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in the Cameron Highlands

Hi Shirley

Our tour operator in the UK has booked our transportation so until we are picked up at our hotel in KL, we will not have contact with him/her. Maybe you can contact one of the websites given above or send a private message to Gentle of Dubai as she mentions she had a driver. We have not booked anything for Cameron Highlands yet but have been in touch with Titiwangsa regarding one of their excursions.

Regards

Ann

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Titiwangsa
Hotel Titiwangsa
108 Reviews
Brinchang, Malaysia
Get answers to your questions about Cameron Highlands
;