We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Get there from Penang

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
How to Get there from Penang

We are looking to go from Georgetown, Penang to Cameron Highlands and are not sure of how to get there? The only bus company I have found that do the Journey is Kurnia Bistari, and all I can find on them is bad reviews, does anyone have any experience of this journey or of an alternative way of getting to CH from Penang?

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,536 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Get there from Penang

Yes, its only Kurnia Bistari Express from Penang, Komtar

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Komtar
Komtar
713 Reviews
Penang Island, Malaysia
Penang
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Get there from Penang

did you every figure out an alternative route? I have your exact same question...

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Get there from Penang

fly from penang to ipoh then take a cab to cameron highland? sorry, i can't tell you the details as i haven't done it before.

penang
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to Get there from Penang

Five Stars Express Tours and travel (PG) SDN. BHD.

G-14, perangin mall

Tel: 04-2617011, 2627011

i don't know if it is the same with kurnia.

Ticket price: RM 35

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to Get there from Penang

Goto this express bus terminal at Penang.

There are few companies operating this route.

Sungei Nibong express bus terminal

penang-traveltips.com/sungai-nibong-express-…

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Penang
Level Contributor
46 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to Get there from Penang

Did you get to book your tickets? I'm trying to find one that leaves from Penang too.

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
penang
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to Get there from Penang

i just got back from cameron last week. bought the ticket from five star counter, at sg. nibong bas terminal. but the bus going to cameron is Unititi Express.

depart from sg nibong at 8am & 2.30 pm..

penang <---> ipoh <----> cameron highland (Tanah Rata)

Mentioned in this post
Tanah Rata
Tanah Rata
Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
Penang
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How to Get there from Penang

I took my parents to Cameron Highlands from Penang on Kang Travel Tours (mid-Nov 2011) - it was a small 9-seater van. The trip started out well, until the driver started driving SO FAST, especially along the winding road leading to Cameron Highlands (the last 1.5 hours of the trip). I speak Bahasa Malaysia and I asked him to slow down because he was freaking out my parents, but he didn't really. Maybe I should have been more forceful...but either way, we were NOT pleased with the crazy driving. Maybe it was just that one driver, but sad to say, I would not recommend Kang to anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
9. Re: How to Get there from Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:03 pm, October 01, 2012
Edited: 5:03 pm, October 01, 2012
malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How to Get there from Penang

The solution and the reliable solution is get to sg nibong terminal and grab a unititi express ticket and you will off to the highlands resort. No hassle, No headache, No freak out and you will arrive at Cameron Highlands safe n sound

Get answers to your questions about Cameron Highlands
;