We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

Attached is my email to/fro with FGH. The only thing that I had changed was my email id to XXXXXXXXXX for privacy reasons:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lynn

I saw that link you had given before I contacted you, based on information from that link and reviews in Tripadvisor I had contacted you.

I don’t quite see why can’t you give the next available weekend? Unless you are fully booked for the whole year or you don’t cater for Malaysia?

Thank you and best regards

PNN

PNN

From: Fathers Guest House C.Highlands [mailto:fathersonline@hotmail.com]

Sent: 05 April, 2010 10:18 AM

To: XXXXXXXXXX; Fathers Guest House C.Highlands

Subject: RE: Fully Book

Dear Punitha,

Please see :http//www.cameronhighlands.com/Accommodation/for more choice of accommodation.

Lynn.

To: fathersonline@hotmail.com

Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:58:47 +0800

Subject: RE: Fully Book

When would be the next available weekend then??

PNN

From: Fathers Guest House C.Highlands [mailto:fathersonline@hotmail.com]

Sent: 02 April, 2010 4:51 PM

To: XXXXXXXXXXXX; Fathers Guest House C.Highlands

Subject: Fully Book

Dear Punita,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry to inform you that we are already, fully booked for the dates you requested.

Please see : www.cameronhighlands.com/Accommodation/ for more choice of accommodation.

Have a good holiday.

Best Regards,

Lynn

Father's Guest House,

P.O Box 90, Tanah Rata,

39000 Cameron Highlands

Pahang, Malaysia.

Telephone: (6) 05 - 491 2484

Fax number: (6) 05 - 491 5484

Call us for a free pick up on arrival : (6) 012 - 588 5454

For more information on our guest house & our facilities, please see : http://fathers.cameronhighlands.com/

From information on tours, available in the Cameron Highlands,

please see : cameronsecrets.com/blogcategory/Local-Tour/

To: fathersonline@hotmail.com

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:17:48 +0800

Subject: Booking room

Dear sir/ma’am

Would like to check rates for possible booking for the following rates?

08/05/2010 – 09/05/2010 – 1 room for 2 guest (me and my 7 year old boy) – need queen size bed

And

28/05/2010 – 30/05/2010 – 2 rooms for 5 guest ( 1 room for 2 adults and another for 2 adults and 1 child) – need queen size bed

Please advise the suitable rooms and rates. I prefer the one facing garden.

PNN

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then I noticed this this comment on the review of FGH:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

So things fall into place. They don't take in locals. I remember a gay couple turned away from B&B due to their sexual orientation. And locals are turned away from FGC due to our citizenship. Is it or is it not? Fellow Malaysians any comments on this please.

Edited: 2:18 am, April 05, 2010
Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

I just received the reply from Father's Guest House. To be fair I am posting it here. Even though I can smell ***** from a km away literally. Tripadvisor does not allow the exact choice of words that I feel like using.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms Punita,

Sorry for the communication

Thank you for your comments.

For your information we also cater for groups that have mad very much adcvance bookinmg then yours for the weekends until July,2010.

Rooms are avalable thru out april

Best Regards,

Father's Guest House,

P.O Box 90, Tanah Rata,

39000 Cameron Highlands

Pahang, Malaysia.

Telephone: (6) 05 - 491 2484

Fax number: (6) 05 - 491 5484

Mobile Phone : (6) 012 - 588 5454

Visit our website at: http://fathers.cameronhighlands.com/

Visit our tours at : cameronsecrets.com/blogcategory/Local-Tours/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

Ohh, they DO take Locals in.... ONLY if the locals come along with the angmohs... everyone in CH and Ipoh knows that Fathers is the SPGs hunting ground.... just take a look at their jeeps going up gunung brinchang and to sungai palas - the whole jeep is usually only ang mohs of all ages and their overdressed young malay girlfriends

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

Seriously????

If so, why bother spending your dosh there?? Lots of alternatives .....

Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

So that explains the unexplainable reasons behind highest review. Utterly disgusting. They must have been appaled that I want to spend some quality time with my 7 year old son.

I contacted them because of the good reviews and low cost. Proofs that these 2 factors rarely go along side by side. I will need to check other places then. Unfortunately most of the places do not have good review. And the one with it are generally expensive.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

Hi, for the price range of RM 100 roundabouts per night, I would recommend that you take a look at the cool point hotel. Its cheap and very very close to the main town of tanah rata. HIdden in a quiet road near the childrens playground and clock tower, quite good value. Rates start at RM 75 nett per night. Its a mainly malay hotel, standard is similar to hotel seri malaysia, but good enough for sleeping, can't beat the location:

cameronhighland-online.com/…CP

Read another interesting complaint from another malaysian reg the fathers guesthouse :

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

But honestly, if you are heading there with your son, its the wrong crowd at the fathers guesthouse. Their guests are usually those young backpackers with scrubby looking clothes, strange long hair and piercings; teenage angmoh girls that don't wear bras (sometimes see them walking down the main road) - might frighten your young child...

Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

hey thanks for the link. Even though it got digressed at one point of time from accomodation to language. Anyways I will check out Cool Point.

I have no intention to scare my son and end up needing to answer his curious questions.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

yeah, strange people everywhere... we do get such interesting use of language and slurs in the langkawi forum sometimes.....

We have been also getting lots of posts about raid, khalwat and tourism on the KL & langkawi forum recently.... seeing how "things" are at that guest house and the young unmarried malay girls sharing same room with foreign boyfriends; I wonder if they will start raiding rooms soon....

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
679 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

Hi there, I am surprise to read this thread. I am just like Punita wanting to book since last year. And I also called them few occasions, they are full all year round and two weeks ago when i book they told me room available but when i called them they told me they already full and recommend me to go else.. e.g Mentigi Hotel ? As it has been a long time I havent been to CH I am like Punita after a good nice cosy reasonable price hotels. Bye Dina

9. Re: Father's Guest House --- does not take locals???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 13, 2011