We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
6 helpful votes
How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Hi,

I am a solo traveller. I will be visiting Malaysia and would like to include a tour to tea fields in Cameron Highlands, leaving from KL.

I have found a lot of tours online, but they all require a minimum of 2 people to book.

I am happy to join a group, but can not find a tour that will allow a single person to book.

I will go to Penang from KL, I have seen 3 days tours too, from KL to Cameron Highlands to Penang, but only for 2 people min.

I would like a day tour, or a 2-3 day tour.

Can any advise how to see tea fields in Cameron Highlands as a solo traveller?

Regards,

Linda

6 replies to this topic
Malaysia
Level Contributor
434 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Hi Linda,

Will you be staying in a hostel? If so changes are you will be able to get others to join in. If not you can ask your reception to call the tour agencies when you are there to find out which tour has room for one more guest. That’s usually will work.

Best of luck

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
107 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Hi Linda,

Come on, you are not far from the You Yangs. Seriously though , it can be very tricky to get a solo tour in KL. The only option I can think of is to contact some of the drivers who are listed on the right hand side of the Kuala Lumpur forum. Under the FAQ s, Drivers with positive feedback. It is a long way to go for a day trip though. Hope you get a great outcome

Cheers

Sean

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Hi,

No I will not be in a hostel, I will be in a hotel.

Thank you for the idea of requesting the hotel reception to assist me, I think that may be best.

Sean, you are right, not far from You Yangs at all, but there is no tea growing there! I will check out some drivers.

Cheers,

Linda

Edited: 6:04 am, May 22, 2019
Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
891 posts
62 reviews
38 helpful votes
4. Re: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

I don't know if this fits your travel schedule, but it's very easy to catch a bus to Cameron Highlands from TBS bus terminal in KL. I would suggest staying in Tanah Rata for two nights as it is very easy to book highland tours once you get there. Tour operators are everywhere though many just book through their hotel. Then on day 3 catch a bus from Tanah Rata to Penang. This too is quite easy to do as there are many buses daily.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Thank you Michael for your advice, I think I will go with that option.

Thank you again :-)

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
891 posts
62 reviews
38 helpful votes
6. Re: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler

Tanah Rata is a nice place with a nice vibe and ideal temperature. You may want to stay longer. We'll be there for 4 nights in August.

Reply to: How to get a tour of Cameron Highlands as a solo traveler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted