We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation.

Which Kota Bharu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Transportation.

I will be heading to KB on my own next month. Few questions I need answers:

1) Are there any local buses which goes to the airport from the city centre?

2) What is the best way to get around the town? Are there public buses or do I take taxis?

Thanks in advance!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Transportation.

Hi Luqman!

There are local buses but the timings can be a bit unreliable, but taxis are really cheap here.. so taxis are a faster option..

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Transportation.

Dear Luqman A,

1) Yes,it is...take a bus at Kota Bharu terminal to Pengkalan Chepa,if im not mistaken Bus route no.4...around 25-35 minutes.or u can take taxi next to the Bus Terminal.

2) Taxi is a best option..the fare RM25.00 per hour...

Many thanks & Happy Travels

Overland-Trans

Edited: 11:34 am, February 18, 2013
Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Transportation.

Hi to the both of you

I just returned today and it was a great experience altogether - Kota Bharu and Kelantan is so unique in diverse ways.

Arrived from Penang with Shamisha Express - don't try to take this bus if you can. Not sure if it just happened during my trip or it is already a norm. The Police was involved during my trip - for reasons not really clear about. They didn't have the cheek to tell us what happened, alot of different stories.

But anyway, arrived at the terminal bus, took a taxi for RM10 to Jalan Hamzah. It is a walkable distance to the city centre, but just be careful with the roads. Back from Jalan Hamzah to airport was RM27.

Getting around Kota Bharu - City Liner operates in this town, but at long frequencies. Still a little reliable though. But don't play around with them if you're short of time.

Edited: 12:40 pm, March 06, 2013
Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Transportation.

Dear Luqman A,

Many thanks for your "JBR"..hope this will help for upcoming traveller visiting Kota Bharu...

Happy Travels

Overland-Trans

Edited: 8:35 pm, March 06, 2013
Singapore
1 post
5. Re: Transportation.

Hi there, I was reading from this website and I saw some good tips from you .

I am looking for my long lost aunt in Pengkalan Kubur area. I need a car with a driver at an affordable price to shuttle me for 3 days and to fetch and send me to airport too.

Do you have any contacts.

Thank you in advance.

6. Re: Transportation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 15, 2014