We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

Which Kota Bharu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shanghai, China
1 post
2 reviews
Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

My wife and I are going to take the following schedule.

To leave Perhentian Besar Island at 12:00 and arrive at jetty at around 13:30. Our flight from Kota Bharu to Kuala Lumpur leaves at 19:50.

My questions are as following.

(1) What is the time schedule of the buses leaving from Kuala Besut Jetty to Kota Bharu town because we hope to have a sightseeing there? Or there are a lot of buses leaving so we just pick one and get on when we arrive at the jetty.

(2) How can we buy the bus tickets? Do we need to book in advance or just buy after we get on the bus.

(3) How long will the journey be from Kuala Besut Jetty to Kota Bharu town?

(4) We need to arrive at the airport at around 19:00. When should we leave the town by taxi or bus?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

Hi Ling W,

When you get to Kuala Besut Jetty, you can hire a taxi to take you to Kota Bharu. The journey is only 45 mins. As opposed to other states, taxi fare in Kelantan is very cheap and if you are willing to negotiate, you can hire the taxi driver to take you around Kota Bharu town as well. Just note that most taxi drivers do not speak English, therefore knowing from guide books where you would like to go would be best. The airport is located just out of town, about 25 minutes by car and so, leaving the town by at least 1800hrs would be your safest bet.

Buses are cheap, but factor in the waiting time & the fact that you have to follow buses schedule, it would make more sense to take a taxi.

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

Dear Ling W,

The easiest way, u hire a taxi from the Kuala Besut Jetty to Kota Bharu Town,the fare MYR75-85.00. journey takes around 60-75 minutes,depend on traffic. & also u can ask the taxi driver to bring u for visiting some places of interst around Kota Bharu.e.g..Buddish Temple, Muhammadi Mosque, Local Wet Market-Pasar Siti Khadijah, Museum, Istana Jahar etc..Normally, the fare MYR25.00 per hour.

The best time leaving from Kota Bharu Town to KBR Airport at 1800hours, the journey takes around 20-30 minutes,depend on traffic.

Many thanks & Happy Travels

Overland-Trans

Edited: 11:53 am, February 18, 2013
Paro, Bhutan
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

Dear Ling W, when dealing with local taxi always bargain.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

Though I had not taken the bus, I often visit there and seen the buses going K Bahru>Kuala Besut. Its a 45 -60 mins bus ride. Since it is a local bus route, it should be on a 30-60 mins frequency.

At the jetty, taxis are also available. About RM50-60 to go to Kota Bahru downtown, if you hire the whole taxi. There is also a shared taxi ( RM10-15 per pax) , where the taxi man will charge by per passenger, but you will need to wait for the taxi to fill up to 4 passengers before he make a move. Not too long to wait, max about 30 mins.

www.cityliner.com.my/ourroute.php…

Edited: 12:29 am, June 25, 2013
5. Re: Anybody knows about the bus details from Kuala Besut Jetty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 27, 2014