We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

goa
1 post
Save Topic
malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

i have read about a train that runs from gemas to kota bahru but i can't find any details on the web. does anyone know if its still running and where i can find out more up-to-date information?

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

You can go to http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm (Go to the bottom)

or http://www.ktmb.com.my/ (click on E-ticket) for more information.

There are 2 types of trains:

1. Day - Slow train

Traveling time: 13 hours

Start time: 0800

End time: 2200

2. Night - Express train

You can find out for yourself in the websites.

2. Re: malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:00 am, January 25, 2018
UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

Burtie, I did this trip in Feb. There are a few things to know. Firstly, YES, Train 92 (Jungle tiga)(Jungle 3) has one air-con car; the car behind the engine -at the front of the train. (The buffet car is at the rear of the train). There are two trains a day from Gemas: at 0720 or 1920. If you wish to see the jungle take the morning train. The station opens at 0615/0620, after prayers. I took the 0720 train and arrived in Wakaf Bahru (the station for Kota Bahru) at 2030hrs -bit of a problem at Tanah Merah -had to change trains. I bought my ticket to gemas at KL Sentral, upstairs. I got my Kota Bahru ticket at Gemas when I arrived there, then went to find a hotel. Now then: there are two hotels within 150m or so of the station, which means you can guarentee to make the day train. BUT, the one I used, the pink place opposite the station called Hong Suan, had bed bugs! Got bitten all over. Don't know about the other one. Might be better to stay at the Gemas Hotel in Taman Damai, about 4km out of town. But, it's not that easy getting back into town during the day. Very early in the morning? That's why I switched hotels for my last night, to the Hong Suan, to make sure I got the train. This train trip is great, hours and hours wafting thru the jungles of Negri Sembilan, Pahang, and Kelantan. Saw monkeys, an eagle, and a gibbon. We stopped everywhere. Kampong women got on with basket after basket of produce, then in the afternoon whole hordes of schoolkids (interestingly the girls sat and chatted, while many of the boys slipped into the gap between carriages for a quick cigarette). Everyone very friendly. Wonderful trip.

Mentioned in this post
Tanah Merah
Tanah Merah
Kelantan, Malaysia
Pahang
Pahang
Malaysia
Kelantan
Kelantan
Malaysia
UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

Jase, try this this: www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm#Jungle%20Line

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malaysian jungle train from gemas to kota bahru

it is out of action from june due to rennovation of the train - only way to get there is by overnight train at present