We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman restaurant prices

YorksUK
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Andaman restaurant prices

Is there any previous guests that can help us understand the cost of eating at the Anadman. We are looking to go "room only" for 10 days, but have no idea of what it will cost to eat there, given that its location means it is difficult to eat elsewhere. We are a family of 3.

Would it be in the region of £100 plus per day? Previous comments have suggested the food is good but expensive, without defining "expensive". Really need to know for budgets etc, and to decide on "value". Thanks.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Andaman restaurant prices

Andy,

You will not need to spend 100GBP per day but it will not be far off that if you intend to stay at the resort for every meal. Wines, spirits and beers will really push the price up further.

Will you be hiring a car ? Doing this will help to keep dining expenses down as you will then have the opportunity to visit restuarants outside the resort. Telaga Harbour is a 20 mins drive and will be far more reasonably priced than any of the resort restuarants.

If you email The Andaman directly, they should be able to forward some sample menu's.

The one thing I will say is that if you know good restuarant prices in the UK you will not be alarmed at prices at the Andaman. Expensive by malay standards, but cheap by european.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andaman restaurant prices

Hi, We too are interested in the prices of The Andaman and all I can find up to now is in the HAYES & JARVIS brochure 2nd Edition

Jan 2007 to Apr 2008 it states as a Supplement from per person per night as Breakfast £16 and Half Board £35 but I guess this may vary from brochure to brochure.

YorksUK
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andaman restaurant prices

Thanks Robelyn, I have emailed the Andaman and received the menus. Looks good and not to expensive. Cheers

4. Re: Andaman restaurant prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 20, 2009