We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental at Langkawi Airport

PJ
1 post
Save Topic
Car rental at Langkawi Airport

Hi. Can anyone tell me the car rental rate at Langkawi Airport? I will coming on 24/10/06. Your advise is deeply appreciate. TQ

Queensland...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

Hi ericlimlm

We hired a van from Langkawi airport big enough to fit 5 adults and 1 child for RM$90per day.The average car is going at about RM$60

but barter with them and they'll more than likley come down in price.

The longer you have a car the cheaper the rate gets.Just make sure all the doors lock [and boot],Lights work a/c ect.Its very easy getting around Langkawi ask them for a ROAD MAP.Go straight to a petrol station as they only leave the smallest amount of petrol in the car when you pick it up.You can also get them to drop the car at your hotel if you dont think you will be using the car for the first day.

Make sure you go to the cable car and seven wells waterfall.If the climb is too much for you just go as far as the first stop off.take some peanuts with you.You can have a dip here its lovely.

Enjoy

Julie

UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

We paid 200 MYR for five days car hire at one of the airport counters. Amazing value. We had a proton Wira - and were given an automatic at no extra cost.

Batu Ferringhi...
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

Please always make sure you have a full insurance coverage that most rental car (unless International or hotel) do not hae and you are not covered! Better be safe!

Francois

new york
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

I'll be flighting into Langkawi late around 9:30pm. Can someone tell me what time does the car rental place open till. Also do I need to get an internation drivers license in order for me to rent a car?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

I am going for Langkawi in May 2008. Don't know if the car rental prices has gone up. Do you think I should rent online? Or should I just bargain when I arrived at the airport?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,339 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

Hi

If I were you I would wait until you arrive and bargin at the airport.

Lesley

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

When you are waiting for your baggage there are around 10 stalls all offering cheap tours and car hire. Check them out as they do offer great rates....

However most give you leaflets and numbers to call if you dont get one then but decide later to use them.

We simply hired a car from one of the many Tourist Shops and they range from 50rm up to 200rm...depending on what you want!

We had 2 types of car...the smallest which was 600cc and just enough for 2 people and a 1.8 Proton with cd player and fab aircon. As we has a scooter or car everday we only paid 40rm a day for both cars.

So...your pretty much spoilt for choice!!

k

Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

Just wonder is there any more recognize comp to rent the car. U know just in case if anything happen will avoid the hassle.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,973 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

The most convenient to rent a car is to book it a head of the time and have it waiting for you. That has the advantage that you can ask them to give you a full tank and that you will return the car with a full tank.

As Francois mentioned you have to keep an eye on the insurance.

Although it is more expensive to rent a car from the resort I opt for that as in case of an accident you would have their protection and help. And you can be sure that the car is in a good condition.

Eva

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental at Langkawi Airport

I was there end May 2008. I could still get a Proton Wira for RM40/day for a total of 3 days. I thought perhaps it was still not the peak seasons, so they are willing to lower the price.